How much for your rent/mortgage?

£676 a month for 3 bedroom flat (housing association), that doesn't seem too bad but in the past two years they have put the rent up by £36 a week, which all adds up and some of us living here are now struggling with getting into arrears and we feel trapped here because private rents in the SE have skyrocketed, we can't get a mortgage, and we aren't classed as a priority for rehousing by the housing assoc or council even though we are overcrowded and there are cheaper 4 and 5 bedroom houses in their housing stock. Due to OH being a London cabbie we really cannot move too far away xx

Pay around £1,100 a month mortgage for a 4 bed house. We previously paid more in rent for our previous, smaller place.

We pay £1500 per month mortgage for a large 4 bedroom semi. We're moving to a larger detatched house soon though, so that will be more.

im in croydon -south london. currently in a reasonable sized 2 bed ex council on a estate, house is worth £190k so mortgage is about £800. but prior to this i rented a studio flat next to the train station which was £800 as well.

hoping to move to brighton in the future.

We pay $850 a month mortgage for our starter home 3 bedrooms and 2 full baths.

£1150 pcm for a 3 bed semi with garden. Brighton is really expensive, we used to pay £600 for a top floor one bed flat in central hove!

Hellooooo fellow Brighton resident - doesn't seem to be many of us on here!

:hi: Yes, it's because it's too expensive to live here!!! Love Brighton too much to move now!

we pay $640 (£470) for our house (1900square feet). 3 bedroom 1 bath and large yard.

We pay $850 a month mortgage for our starter home 3 bedrooms and 2 full baths.

What you call a starter home us poor brits call a mansion:haha:

Honestly here they call a teeny "back to back" type house or "maisonette" a starter home, with one bedroom.

Ayrshire scotland £400 mortgage for a 3 bed semi detached with large front and rear garden in rural location.

When we lived in London (Z2 Barons Court) up until two years ago, we were paying about £1,275 a month plus bills for a reasonably sized 2.5 bedroom flat in a mansion block (no garden) between the A4 and a tube line. It was pretty noisy, but the area was great with about 2min walk to the tube station and a short walk everywhere else.

We now own a house in Auckland's North Shore in NZ without a mortgage, which is great as the wages here are a lot lower (at least in DH's case) and rents and house prices still very high. We've got a 4 bed detached house with a big garden about 15 min drive to the CBD (non rush hour), 15 min walk to the high street and mall, and 20 min walk to the beach, so though I still miss London, we've got it pretty good really.

For comparison using an online mortgage calculator, had we bought our house with a 20% deposit on a 30 year term, we'd be paying about £1,900 a month mortgage payments on it, yikes.

I'm not far from Harrogate in North Yorkshire and pay £625 a month for my privately rented 3 bed house, small back yard, on street parking, etc

I'd love it to be a bit cheaper but love this house, it's close to my parents as well which is a bonus for Grandma babysitting ;)

Our mortgage is £412 pm for a 3bed ex council house in Cheshire.

I live in New Zealand in the CBD of the capital City- our rent is 842 (in pounds) per month.

Very small One bedroom apartment- nice and new though and close to everything. Thats normal price between 2 people to pay here.

We have a 3 bed mid terrace new build In bedfordshire with a nice back garden and parking. We have a mortgage of £675 over 35 years x

Another Londoner here!

We live in Zone 2 north London and rent a 2 bed flat for £1200 per month. We are planning to move this summer to a three bed. Our budget for rent will be £1700-2000 per month (hopefully nearer the 1700).

We would like to buy (and have a lot saved for deposit) but not sure what is happening with my job as it is being privatised in September. OH works from home so depending on what happens with me we may end up leaving London so don't want to buy here and then end up having to sell again in a year.

£750 for a 2 bed first floor shoe box with communal garden which to be fair is a pretty decent garden something has to be I suppose, we are in Chelmsford Essex, only just moved here, in our last place we were paying £565 for a slightly bigger shoe box but no garden and drug dealers for neighbours so I cant complain I suppose :wacko:

£575 including rates in northern Ireland for a massive 3 bed with kitchen (long and narrow but really bright and sunny, living/dining one big massive through room, two large double bedrooms and a small bedroom, massive back garden, decent front garden and long narrow driveway in a really good quiet area.

I live in Cheshire and the rent is 500 a month for 3 bed semi. We have large garden, drive and decent size rooms xx

Our mortgage for our 3 bed "2 up 2 down" flat is £520 a month. House cost us £109000 buy our mortgage is only 17yrs.
We have our own entrance to the flat and a front, side and back garden. We previously rented a 2 bed apartment which was £800 not including bills though.

We're in Aberdeen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->