How much have you/will you spent on LO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im just getting a couple of little things each month. He'll just ahve a stocking and a small sack of toys from us. About £100 max as we're so skint and probably be in a flat in March so we just wont have the space.

I feel awful after reading this now, I wish we had the money to spoil him :(

xxx

DH got laid off two weeks ago, so Bella is getting a stocking and a toy my sister picked up at a garage sale. She's not going to remember it, or care. We are going to be flying back East to see family, so we can't take much, anyway. By her 1st birthday I will be in a better financial position and buy her some presents, but she doesn't need anything right now.

I feel awful after reading this now, I wish we had the money to spoil him :(

xxx

Don't feel bad. It doesn't matter. I couldn't even imagine spending that much on Bella in a year! They grow out of everything so fast. Even if I had that kind of money right now, it would be better spent putting it to her college or some kind of savings for her. Spending it on stuff is RIDICULOUS! Even my in laws who make 7 figures a year don't spend that much on their teenage girls!

Please don't feel bad hun, I have overspent and won't be doing it again, Alot of the stuff ive brought is for an older baby, I just went overboard and brought it, so will end up putting it away until Jasmine is older anyway, normally we would never have spent that amount of money but the sale of our house went through so we put most of it away and left some out for christmas, I myself went way to overboard.

I would say probably about $150. I wouldn't want to spend a ton of money on my kid for Christmas! I'm more into Christmas the season rather than Christmas the morning with the gifts.

Well so far approximatley £150 on Alex, but we were meant to be buying him Kota the Triceratops which is this big dinosaur they can sit on and it will walk around and it reacts to your voice and stuff and sniffs you when you walk past...really amazintoy that would have lasted him for ages as its for age three plus anyways.
But. With OH on short time now were loosing out on about £800 which would have been purely for xmas pressies. So now I dont think we can afford to give him that, an i feel so shit about that, especially after reading this! :(

To those who haven't spent much, do not feel bad. We all do what we can afford. :hugs: Each family is different and brings in different wages. As long as your child is happy and loved, that's the main thing :)

I don't know how much i have spent on the kids, our budget for them was £60 for Kacy and £20 for Kira (that hasn't stuck for kira or for kacy for that matter) i've been buying bits for kacy over the year, for the kiddies friends is a fiver each, we are not buying each other anything this year :( , then its just family and we do and don't have a budget for family, well for my family we do but for DH family we never seem to have a bloody budget seems unfair to me

Sorry rant over

Toria and Jazzy...yous are truely out your mind :lol: I would have booked a wee holiday instead!! Your girls will lovee it though.

Kyle, with clothes included probably got just over £300. But im really not sure on that, as ive been buying and puting up the loft (so I dont give him it early) so it coulld be lots more.

I got all Hannahs things together last night and it totals £101 with £35 of that being clothes.

This is her main pressie:
https://mamasandpapas.scene7.com/is/image/mamasandpapas/6449792?$large_img$

along with a ball pit/balls and lots of smaller pressies. Shes going to be spoilt by family and friends though!

Toria and Jazzy...yous are truely out your mind :lol: I would have booked a wee holiday instead!! Your girls will lovee it though.

Kyle, with clothes included probably got just over £300. But im really not sure on that, as ive been buying and puting up the loft (so I dont give him it early) so it coulld be lots more.

I know, I went way overboard lol, thinking of putting some away for her birthday in Feb tho

I know, I went way overboard lol, thinking of putting some away for her birthday in Feb tho

Yeah thats what im going to do as well. Kyles birthdays in Feb and all of the things ive got him are for a year or a year and half an upwards. So im gonna put some by. He's never going to play with all the toys he gets anyway. My mum has got him quite alot too. And all of our kids are going to be playing with the wrapping and boxes waaay more than the toys :lol:

Iv spent about £200 on charlie so far and i dont intend to buy him much more! he wont rember it anyway save the money for his good xmas's!

Me and OH are spending 100 quid each so thats 200 quid on ciaran :-d then we have family buying him stuff aswell:blush:

Im planing on spending about 100-200$ on him clothes , toys and more and...

for everything else theres master card lol

If baby is here by xmas (and he'd better be, if he knows what's good for him!), I will give him some breastmilk that I made myself!
He will also get smooched and cuddled, a few diaper changes, and hopefully several long naps.
As he won't even be a week old at that point, I figure those will be the best gifts! :) You know, the ones he'll really appreciate!
As for those of you who are feeling low about xmas prezzies... could you try to make lots of fun things to do together with the LOs? Like a cookie-making party or lots of family time playing games, etc? If it has the holiday theme and you are spending time with them, I guarantee you that it will be a huge hit and that will be what's remembered. I couldn't name more than a few Santa things, but I can remember almost every family party and toboggan ride and walk in the snow. And it has the added bonus of teaching the LOs what's really important about the holidays, you know?

Jasmine wont be getting tons as she wont remember and cant interact with present opening... Plus we just spent hoardes of money making her a nice nursery and buying lots of things she needs now.

I will likely buy her a couple toys that will last her awhile, and some clothes maybe. Not too much.

Plus we are still doing renovations on our house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->