How much milk at 14 months?

glitterbug

Mum with growing tum
Reaction score
Hey all.

I was just wondering how much milk your LO has nowadays and is it all breast milk or are you adding toddler milk and cows milk?

My little man has gone from dropping one of his breast feeds during the day to increasing them over the past couple of months.

He now feeds first thing in the morning (sometimes twice in an hour), again at about 10am (usually to fall asleep!!) another at 2pm and one before bed.
If he happens to miss the mid morning one, he seems to want another at about 4pm.

I'm not in a rush to wean him or anything, but I had hoped to be down a few feeds by now.

For those who are offering cows milk as well, how much are you offering and when?

Just to add, he does drink water with meals or when he signs for a drink...but he doesn't ever want more than a beaker full per day and won't be fooled into having that instead of milk in the daytime!

Sorry this is long. Thanks in advance xx

Hi

Evie has also upped her nursing recently, she likes to pop on and off and I know a lot of the time it is for comfort. She also feed a lot through the night.

She has always refused any form of milk in a bottle or cup and will only take water, like your lo she won't drink very much.

Amy is 22 months and wont drink and cows milk or toddler milk, just juice or water from a cup. She still feeds several times a day. She did seem to drop some of her feeds, but she is now feeding alot...again xx

Thank you. I'm pleased i'm not the only one. I thought I must have been doing something wrong but unless we go out somewhere, he will want 4 if not more feeds now.
I never expected i'd still be feeding him this much at this age. I'd be happier if it was just a morning and night feed and he'd take something else during the day, but even though he'll have a few swigs of cows milk or water, he'll always climb all over me until he gets the boob!

Oh well, I guess he'll decide when he's ready to give it up! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->