How much needed for daycare?

redneckhippy

Reaction score
At six months my son will be starting daycare full time. I won't really be able to pump anymore at that time, so I've been trying to get as big of a freezer supply as possible so I can give him breastmilk for as long as I can. I still hope to breastfeed him at night. So I know formula fed babies tend to have to increase the amount of formula they take as they get older, but breastfed babies don't because the milk changes to meet their current needs. However, I'm currently freezing milk for a 2 month old. So when he starts daycare, he will hopefully have a stash of frozen milk that I saved up over the last few months, however it will be milk from when he was 2-6 months old. Will I need to give him more oz because the milk was frozen when he was younger? Curently he takes 3-4 oz from the bottle in the evening and is breastfed the rest of the day.

My baby is 7 months and I express at work and am getting around 4oz a time. She still feeds 5 times in day plus once or twice in night. So I guess 4oz? It is a little difficult for me to gauge as DD is a little monkey and still won't drink from a bottle but has a valve cup and mostly takes an oz or two, although she has on an occasion managed 4oz but mostly she takes the edge off then catches up with me when I'm not at work x

The general rule for bm is 1-1.25oz per hour of separation and baby will make up any additional calories they need while nursing at home :)

Is this true even if the milk was frozen when baby was younger and had lower calorie need?

https://kellymom.com/bf/pumpingmoms/pumping/milkcalc/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->