How much newborn stuff have u bought?

familygirl30

Reaction score
I've bought mostly 0-3 months as people have said new born doesn't last long and may not even fit if big baby!Wondering if I've not enough!

I got told exactly the same as you with ds and didnt buy any newborn. He was 6lb 4 and the 0-3 drowned him! Hubs ended up going out and getting some newborn and even a tiny baby sleepsuit for him.
While its true that it doesnt fit for long, i found it much better for the first 3 weeks or so.
What im doing this time is getting a pack of newborn vests and maybe 4 sleepsuits and the same in 0-3 just to get us going and if we need more hubs is being sent to Mothercare again lol!
I'v got some neutral stuff still from ds as we were team yellow then but cant remember what til i get it out of the loft but all thats 0-3 so should be coveted with that size at least!

I have a small drawer full, some is from my daughter already, I also have a small drawer of up to 1 month and a drawer of 0-3

I haven't bought 1 thing yet!!! We need to get on it soon I suppose ;)

My plan is to pack a few of each size, so we can figure out which fits him better once he arrives. Then, once I'm released from the hospital, we'll stop at the store a buy some more clothes in the size that fits.

Right now, all I have is about half a dozen NB onesies, the same in 0-3 and way more sleepers in 0-3 than I'll probably need.

I had mostly 0-3 (000) and only 4 newborn (0000) outfits... Me and dh were both big babies ... Well I got a little wee man weighing 7pound7 and 51cm and it drowns him ... May as well just put him in one of my shirts lol ... We went out yesterday just out of hospital to get some more :)

I haven't listened to the "he probably wont fit 0000" because you never know!!! Like PP Hubs and I were 9 pounders but we could have a small boy. He could weigh 8 or 9 lb but be tall and skinny like my brother was lol. And even if he doesn't fit 0000, the second hand stuff I will just sell real cheap on eBay, and everything we've been bought or have bought still has tags so I can return it :)

We have 3 <1 month sleepsuits, nothing else smaller than 0-3 months but if baby is small we'll just go shopping :)

I've been really lucky as a good friend together with my cousin had little boys last August so I've got about a bin-liners worth of kit - including brand new stuff that hasn't been worn. We've yet to go through it all, but the only things we've bought (or have had bought for us) are some bibs (plain ones from John Lewis and Ikea), muslins and flannels (TK Max and Ikea). Both MiL's got a 'coming home outfit' but as my Mum has already had her first Grandchild (now 18yrs old and last weekend she caught him with a girl in his room when we popped round to visit my sister on a Sunday morning - hilarious!) she's OK with us using the outfit bought by the OH's mother.

.... I also have numerous knitted items winging their way down from Scotland. Apparently all babies need wool/acrylic mix jumpers and cardigans. In 'Lemon'.

Even if they are born in July/August.

In the South of England.

<shrugs>

I was told the same although i bought some sleepsuits and vests anyway. My lo was 9lb7 and they lasted her a couple of weeks. 0-3 was big on her x

none eeek! i have all up to 1mth or 0-3 think i will buy a few newborn things now as dont want everything to drown her. i have focussed on buying other things than clothes....silly me!

I have about 11 sleepsuit and 15 vests. My LO was in tiny clothes when he was born so he was in newborn for a bit longer. I have nothing in 0-3 months yet, for some reason I gave all my sons 0-3 month stuff away! Oops.

I was so cautious with my daughter I had barely any newborn/up to 1 month because I was so warned I wouldn't need it... and I did! Some shops do new baby AND up to 1 month. I would get 1 month stuff out of the two as it tends to last about that length of time. But they are so curled up still its more comfy for them to be in sleepsuits and vests for the first few weeks anyway, so just get a few packs of vests and some sleepsuits. Also bear in mind they poop on a LOT of stuff so you could easily go through a pack in a day!

I had a 7lb 11oz baby and a 7lb 9oz baby too so not tiny! Xxx

I have no idea! My mum keeps warning me to not to buy too much but I keep meaning to count what I have now, but I have always been putting it off... hehe... perhaps I should do that today!

Buy cheap and then if it isn't worn then it isn't a massive loss. My son was 9lbs 6oz when he was born and was still in Newborn (NEXT upto 1 month) for about 3 weeks. I also brought first size bits (which is upto 7.5 lbs) and obviously he went nowhere near them but I still have them in a drawer at home and will back one or two sleepsuits in my hospital bag just in case for number 2- but i'm expecting another biggun!

I had only 0-3 except for one newborn outfit which was a gift last time. I think I made the right judgement call as he fills most of the 0-3 clothes nicely and the feet on the 0-3 sleep suits just about fit him. 0-3 trousers are a bit loose on the waist but hopefully this will change as he gains weight and fills out a bit more. At this stage I'm not really looking to put him in trousers etc anyway. They didn't measure his length at birth but I reckon he must be close to 60cm xx

Ive got about 5 tiny sleepsuits, 10 newborn sleepsuits, 10 newborn rompers & lots of vests.

I know full well my baby is going to be no where near 9lb's so I will need to use the newborn stuff.

I don't know where you live, but near us we have "once upon a child", which is a resale shop for all ages of babies, gently used...they are anywhere from $1.50-$6.50 depending on brand and quality....we buy tons of stuff and save TONS of money!!!

none whatsoever.

My first baby was 10lbs 10oz, my second was 10lbs 1oz, and my third was 11lbs 0.7oz. Newborn wouldn't have fit any of them, and my third was actually straight into 3-6 month stuff!

Haha sod's law now I'll have a much smaller baby this time round, and end up burying it in clothes that are too big for it. So be it, I can always send somebody to buy smaller stuff if I need to.

I didn't buy any newborn :dohh:
We were then induce at 37 weeks so I sent my mam out to get a bunch of newborn things and we even got some tiny baby thugs. She was 6lb 13oz born and was on tiny baby for 1 month, newborn for 1 month then 0-3 for a month and has been in the exact right clothing range since then (I.e 3-6 at 3-6 months, 6-9 at 6-9 months etc) best bet is just to have mainly 0-3 and a few in newborn. Anything else you need you can get once bubs is here

:flow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->