How much of an age gap do you want between #1 & #2

Ideally I don't want more than a 3 year gap. If we start trying this month we will have a minimum of a 2 and a half year gap. DS is almost 21 months old and I am beyond ready to be pregnant again, although I have a (sad) feeling that we either won't be TTC or at the very least won't be pregnant by DS's 2nd birthday in September. If I'm right we'll have nearly a 3 year gap, which is longer than I was hoping for. My brother and I were 2 years and 4 months apart in age and we were/are best friends. I know you can't compare your kids to yourselves or other people's children because they may not be the same or even similar but I really wanted my children to be close in age.

Before I had A, I had wanted kids close in age. Now, I realize that I definitely do not want that and if all goes well, there will be a 4.5 - 5 year age gap. DD is still very much a mama's girl, and I can't even imagine her if I was giving some of my attention to a little baby. She gets upset when the cats come to see me for goodness sake. I think a 4-5 year age gap will be perfect for us, as she'll be able to understand better. I also can't afford 2 kids in daycare right now, so we're hoping to pay off more student debt and by the time we have the 2nd we'll be in a better place.

Ideally, I wanted to have a 2 year gap between the first two kids. But now that my first is almost 13 months old, I don't feel ready to get pregnant in just a few months! So now I'm thinking maybe more like 2 and half. We'll see though. It only takes once, right? ;)

Between mine there is 2 years and 9 months.. but between number 2 and 3 there will be probably 4-4.5 years

This is my current dilemma!

I'd like 2 years as we want 3 kids. I'm 30 now and want to be done by 35. Plus we will need fertility treatment again so I need to factor that in.

If everything had gone to plan if like a 3 year gap but with ltttc we lost a few years.

The idea of being pregnant again in 6 months is a bit scary though, especially as I'm not back at work for a few weeks.

We're looking at about a 4-5 year gap...we can't afford two full-time childcare places without some significant pay rises or a small lottery win. If we wait at least until DD has her 3-year-old childcare funding it will take some of the pressure off.

I don't know whether it'd be better to have the year's mat leave before DD starts school or to wait til she's in school and have some one-on-one time with the baby.

Anyway, I'll be pushing 40 by that point so it might not even happen. We'll see!

I initially wanted a 2 year age gap. But now it's going to be at least 7 - if I get pg straight away

I ideally wanted a 4 year gap, have her in school FT before having another. However shes already 6 and will be at least 7 minimum even if we conceive imediately when we're planning on TTC

Originally we wanted 2.5 to 3, but now with a move abroad coming up and a wedding that I've been told (half jokingly) not to be either pregnant for or have a small baby !!! And also just not feeling ready, it looks like we'll aim for a 4 year age gap. Which I'm fine with now.

We want at least a 3 year gap between our son and a new baby. We only want two kids and we are still young enough that we don't feel rushed to have another right away.

I love the kind of quality time we get with our son and I'd like to be able to offer the same to our next child; I feel this will be easier to do when our son is older because he will be starting to build his own little life in school and in creative or athletic endeavours.

I'm also just simply not a little kid person so having and infant/toddler or toddler/toddler combination at home holds no appeal for me at all. I don't feel like I am the right mom to take on that challenge.

We didn't want a huge age gap to begin with but then looking at finances and nursery fees before DD gets free childcare, it wouldn't have worked. So we agreed to start trying when DD turns two. However, we've now booked our wedding for the month before she turns 3 so we'll be trying on our honeymoon. So it's now looking like a 3.5-4yr age gap

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->