how much to feed baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

hersheypomchi

mama to chloe
Reaction score
so the hospital said to feed her 15ml of formula.. but that doesnt seem enough.. shes always begging for more.. and i heard ur supposed to feed a newborn 1oz-2oz.. but she spits it up.. how much should i be feeding her?

Whatever baby will take.....feed on demand however often or much baby wants, they will let you know when they are hungry, just go with baby!

Just feed her however much she wants, 15mls is not a lot at all.

My little girl is 12 days old and she feeds between 2 and 4ozs at each feed its not a consistent amount she just has what she wants.
At the hospital I was never told a amount to feed my bubs just to go with the flow :)

Noel was taking 3-4 oz from 6 days old. I'd just go with how ever much they take.you can't really over feed at that age.

would u still feed ur little ones more if she is spitting up during her feeding or stop?

Maybe try 1oz, stop, burp, offer another 1oz, stop burp etc. This may help with the spit-up. Unless she is crying for more its probably best to only offer upto 3oz per feed in the first week or so, just incase her spit-up is due to her taking more than her stomach can handle. xxx

This is a very old thread. Locking to save any confusion.

<3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back