How much washing do you get through?

Woah Momma

Reaction score
Man I get through so much washing powder it's riduclous! I don't wash my clothes as frequently as little man's. It's when he eats, my little scamp is so messy and I can't seem to find a bib that will protect his full clothing. It's not so bad now but when I go back to work how am I gonna manage all that washing? With the way energy prices are rising it's gonna cost a fortune:laundry:
How do you do it ladies, does anyone have same problem or any tips? Please share.

Its just me, oh and lo and i still do about 2 louds aday. I quick wash everything i really dont see how lightly soilded clothes can need 2 hour wash cycles! 30 mins is fine!!! :thumbup:

I've been doing 2 loads every other day, used to be abit more when LO was little and being sick alot. We don't have a quick wash setting on ours, so it takes about an hour to wash clothes, then an hour & 1/2 to dry them lol. x

i do 2 loads a day, could do more but then i have no where for them to dry. hang them up in the spare room on a clothes airer overnight and then 15mins in the dryer the following morn and all done.

I do atleast one load of washing a day plus a nappy wash every other day....I don't get where all the washing comes from tbh...I'm sure DH just puts clothes in the wash basket instead of putting them away!

i'd probably say i do a load or so every other day. we have a tumble drier though so it's so much easier for me. it's all done and dried in about 2 hours.

I have a 9kg washer and still do 2 loads 1 day then 3 the next day more when i do the beds etc. i only buy own brand washing liquid or powder unless an offer makes them cheaper than own brand.
I find drying a pain cos iv only got a tiny 3kg drier so 1wash is 3 loads of drying costs a lot
i have me and dh and 3lo's

I buy Daz liquid cos its the only thing that still smells nice once its come out the machine.. I use about 3 of them a month. Its constant.

i used to use bold 2 in 1.. but i didn't notice the smell after they'd been dried.
i've just changed over to persil non bio liquid and comfort pure, everything smells like babies!

i do a load every other day and then an extra load when i wash the bedding. i dont have a dryer so have to use the radiators but i can fit a full load on the radiators in one go :)
i use bold 2 in 1 but have only used 2 boxes in the 6 months ive lived in this house, i opened the 3rd box the other day, i only buy it when its on offer aswell so im stocked up xx

i have a 9kg washer & load that up every other day in the morning, it fills up both our clothes horses & i hang them up to dry..

i dont use washing powder, i use soap nuts & a smidge of tesco value conditioner (90p) for a nicer smell.. the conditioner lasts me 2 months & the soap nuts have lasted me 6 months and still got quite a few left.(1kg for £11)..

xx

I have to do at least one load a day to keep on top of it, sometimes 2 and more when beds need doing. Theres 5 of us. It's never ending.
I dry using the washing frame and tumble dryer at this time of year. I use persil non bio and different softners, but love comfort pure cos it smells like babies :)

I usually do a couple of loads every couple of days. We use cloth nappies so one for those and one for our other washing :flow:

We do up to 2 loads a day. Once our second is here, I dread to think how much I will have to wash. In the winter we can only wash when the weather is nice because we don't have a tumble drier, and if we hang clothes in the house it encourages mould growth :( The only place we have to hang laundry is on the roof, so I have to avoid rainy days. Last winter I remember going over 2 weeks without washing anything because of the weather, and we were so short on clothes. And then when the weather's nice I have to do about 8 loads in one day, just to catch up :dohh:

Been reading all you replies man! It feels like I work in a laundry service, I hope the loads lessen as little man gets bigger. Please don't tell me that's wishful thinking....!:dohh:

I do one load a day, my lo goes through so many clothes that I'm forced to do more washing than normal.

i do 2/3 loads a day. i buy my washing/conditioning stuff from wilkos cos the surf/daz liquid is always on offer, so's the lenor xx

wow I can't believe how much washing everyone does:shock: we only do 2 loads per week, 1 load every couple of weeks for bedding. we use fairy non bio and have been using one of the huuuge boxes for the past 4 months and still have some left that's only after using cloth nappies in the warmer months I saw that you really don't need to use as much as they say:dohh:. we have nowhere to dry it in this weather though so each load can take a couple of days to dry on the airers.

There's me, Louis and OH and I do 2/3 loads per day, the washer is always on! For clothes I do a quick cycle of 30 mins but for towels/bedding I do longer, hotter washes so I know that adds up. I try not to use tumble dryer unless bad weather, I use the washing line loads! I use fairy non bio and comfort/fairy/lenor pure fabric conditioner, love the smell :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->