How much washing do you get through?

Me and the kids get through at least 2 loads a day. The airer's are constantly full!

I usually blitz mine once a week. I do one white wash (90degree) 1 or 2 light coloured stuff and 1 or 2 dark coloured stuff. Every other week I add the bedding and towels. So on a bad week I can do 6 loads in 1 day. Takes me most of the week to dry it.
I don't notice how much liquid I use as I buy in bulk when it's on offer-I think the last time I bought any was nearly 6 months ago. I use persil.

We generally do one load of laundry four nights a week and 2-3 loads one day during the weekend (this includes towels and bed sheets on the weekend wash).

I use Ariel tablets. 40 for £2.40 at B&M Bargains! Before Isaac arrived and I was working. The washer was on twice a week. Them tabs would have lasted me two months, When I finished work and waiting for his arrival went to one wash and week, the tabs would have lasted just under two months. Then when he was born and got him home it went to 4 a week. Due to taking Gavascon for acid he was put on la costive so every feed his bum and clothes needed changing all the time. Its settled down a lot now but still needs changing twice a day clothes wise. All the clothes for a small person! Now the ammount of tablets I'm going through at the moment is shocking one tube of 40 tabs only lasts me 3 weeks now! So looks like I'm going to have to look into a cheaper product but what's soft on Isaacs skin!
The other day I noticed the 'quick wash button' wasnt working anymore so all the washing cycles now last 50minutes! :( great! Ha. I got some good deals on maidens at Argos. Two for £3.50 was meant to be £11.00 but due to the blue stoppers at the top coming off was cleaning stock. So theyve come in handy :).
When it comes to drying we've not got 5 maidens so now after a wash is done, I use the spare room to dry them in and close the door all day with just that radiator on. I wait for the pipes to come on at night and then lower rest of the house up but the spare room pipes are on number 5.
I'm thinking when he grows out of all the 0-3m clothes I'm going to take them to the laundrette at the bottom of the road and clean and dry them all there ready to be used again by us or to be passed on. Most of them are unisex anyway :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->