How often do you bd around Ov?

S

sugarlove

I'm going to really go for it this month. Is it ok to do BD twice a day do you reckon? Don't want to deplete spermies, but want to use every opportunity! :thumbup:

crikey, you are like superwoman.

Im a once a day from positive opk girl meself.

Mebbes thats why i got a bfn.

Well saturday i'm going to bd twice, sunday 3 times, and tuesday (ov day i think) as many times as physically possible lol x

I'm due to OV on Monday, so we started last night and will go till Tues morn. Just once a day, I wish we had time to BD twice a day. My LO would rather we play barbies with her rather than make her a sibling!!

he he, Superwoman!

Going to fit in a quickie in morning and then another before dinner :haha:

Also bought some conceive plus

SL

Wow!!! Me and DH can muster every other day!! I actually didnt even bd on ovulation dat this month as we both fell asleeep on the couch after work...Most definately expecting a bfn this month!

Oh my god, vickyd, I love you! I was starting to feel like a failure! My DH and I BD every other day. If we're lucky, every day, but often not. On days he isn't up for the task, I can get him to squirt into a softcup with preseed in in and I insert it inside me.

A woman I know told me she was ttc for 5 months and doing it 2x a day. The doctor yelled at her telling her it was too much. He told them to do it every other day. She cut back to 1x a day and got pregnant that cycle. I think 2x a day is too much for the spermies.

for us it was once a day from start of peak, he was exhausted said he didnt want it again for at least 2 wks which is just as well cos he wont be getting it for quite a while now i got a bfp!!!!! preseed is great as it keeps spermy alive for much longer

we only baby dance about 3 times a month... i hate our jobs keep us way to busy! and then oh can never be bothered because i am nagging him, it is sort of like chore these days it used to be for fun... oh those were the days...

I try and baby dance as much as possible myself BUT after watching that great sperm race thing i think im going to try the smep plan around ovulation this time and every 2 to 3 days before :thumbup:

Heart glad to see im not the only one who cant bd so often!!! I dont know what pressies are (or soft cups for that matter!) but there is no way i could get dh to squirt in anything lol!!!! He is much more relaxed about this than i am, hes like "whenever it comes" as he thinks it just a matter of time since we conceived relatively easily both times. My only stress is our age since were both over 35 and i worry about the quality of egg and sperm.

when we went to see the gyne nurse before getting an appointment to see a fs, she said that somtimes the couples problem is too much sex or too little.. and we said we we're doing it every day and she told us to do it every other day.. so i wouldn't worry about doing it every day :)

Hi, We do it just twice believe it or not. One is 2 days before I think I'll OV and the next is the day before. I'm 'shooting' for a girl, so we don't bd on the day of OV (as the boy spermies swim faster but the girl spermies live longer). Worked for both my daughters. But boy it's hard to not do one last bd, just to be 'sure' when that temperature spikes!

All the other bd's are just for fun, and with 2 kids, 2 full time jobs, and a dissertation, that just ain't much!!

p.s.---thank god my husband doesn't know I'm discussing our sex life on line!!! shhhhh

p.p.s.---we live in Arkansas, US and drive trucks (not!)

Oh Mambel, you give me hope!!! We don't do it every other day until Ov is over. We might go many many days without doing it until I get my positive OPK. Then we do it every other day. I want a girl too and I've heard the same theory. Truth be told, I'd be just as happy with a boy.

Vicky, I'm 35 too and DH is 41 tomorrow! I know what you mean about egg and sperm quality.

Ha ha! If my DH knew how much detail I've been sharing, he might not be so thrilled. But he's definitely supportive of me being on this site. If he only knew....

Hi girls we changed our plan last month and it worked I got my BFP. We BD every 18 hours from my first smiley face (pos OPK) to my negative one. Luckily as it was a weekend but it worked !!!

We usually just did it every day from CD13 to 18

Fluffy, that's some serious dedication (and math!) I'm not sure I could time it that well. Not sure DH and I would be home and ready to BD every 18 hours. It sounds like a great plan though and obviously effective! Congrats!

I agree about the mathematical precision...I lvol'd at that! We need others to experiment....14.55 hours, 15.21 hours, 16.78 hours, etc. Maybe we could complete a statistical analysis of the optimal distance between bd'ing during an ovulatory window. Any lurkers planning dissertation research on the conception practices of desperate human females?

My doctor said every 2nd day was best - gives the little guys a chance to build up.

If you're OPK'ing and do every second day before you get your BFP OPK, might as well do it a bunch on OV day. What's to save it for at that point? Go for broke! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->