How often do you get Braxton Hicks?

Biotechick829

Reaction score
For the past week or so I feel like I'm getting a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions, like 4+ a day, no more than 2 an hour. I'm almost 33 weeks.

How often do you ladies get them and how far along are you? Those that already have children, how were your Braxton Hicks in relation to when you delivered?

...everyone in my family, including DH, is saying I'll go early, but there's nothing medically going on with this pregnancy to suggest that:shrug:

I never really got many with my first pregnancy, I remember getting some tightenings around 37 weeks and thought I was going into labour :haha: when I got proper contractions I sure knew about it!

This time I have been experiencing them since about 25 weeks, I would usually get several every few hours and they can become pretty uncomfortable. Recently they have become a lot stronger and cause my tummy to become really tight, I usually move position and then they decrease. They arent nice but they are preparing your body to give birth.

A nice warm bath helps to soothe any discomfort if they get too sore for you :hugs:

havent gotten many at all :/ Im not sure really because this is my first im 37 weeks today :)

this is my fourth preg, third baby, and i had bh with all of them. my bh with this one started at just 15 weeks, i have had them steadily since. i get them all day long! its so annoying as, according to my previous preg didnt make a difference. i still went a weeks over due with my second daughter. i did notice that since my uterus was so sensitive, the induction took very well. i had the pitocin at 9 and had her at 3:)

I'm getting them all the time at the moment, they come on alot if I've been walking or if I have a full bladder! They are so uncomfortable :( I can't remember exactly how often I had them with my daughter but I don't remember having them this often! She was born 40+3

I get probably one every 20 minutes or so and have since I was about 16 weeks. I've always been the same with my three other children but I'm not sure it has a bearing on when baby will be born.
Two of mine were a week early and the last one was 4 days late. I'm at the point now where they're starting to hurt they're so strong. I do think that they are partly why I have never pushed for long in labour; 6 mins, 5 mins and 2 mins. Think of it like doing a sit up - if you do them a lot, your muscles will get stronger, therefore more efficient!

Around 33-35 weeks I would get BH at least 10 times a day...I thought i was for sure going to be early! Then they stopped and I am not getting any contractions and I am now 3 days overdue!

This is my second pregnancy and iv been getting them a lot. im 33wk+2 and i had them all last night periodically for what felt like agggess! i get them at least once every 2/3 hours during the day now. x

Several times/day. Sometimes every 10-15 min for a few hours, sometimes just one/two an hour. I get them frequently when I'm walking.

I got 3-4 per day for about a week at 29 weeks, and now at 30 weeks I'm down to about once per week. Lazy uterus, get to work! lol :)

First time mom here and I've been getting them for about a week now pretty regularly, at.least 5+ a day. It seems like if I've been on my feet too long, thats what sets them off then they don't stop until I have a bath. They are more annoying than anything else, tbh

like i said i get them everyday, it seems anything can set it off, baby movement, full bladder, just lying down, even if someone touches my belly! believe me if youve had them by now, you would know!:)

I get them up to 5 or 6 times a day, and had them pretty frequently with my DD, too. With her, they definitely got more frequent as I got closer to labor, so much so that 2 days before I went into labor, I had an evening where I had 15 Braxton Hicks in an hour!

All. the. time. So frequently that I end up timing them at least 4/5 days a week. I've had to have them stopped with medication 3 times. I got a break from 32-35 weeks but the last few days they've really picked up again. I've had them every 3-15 minutes for the last 48 hours. The frequency is consistent, the pain is not. Only about one an hour is strong enough that I have to concentrate through it. Frequent contractions are so normal for me that I'm curious to see how far dilated I am by the time I decide we need to go to the hospital to deliver.

I've just been timing mine actually. I've had 15 since 9 o'clock this morning, soo, the last two and a half hours. It doesn't mean anything with me though. I always get loads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->