How often do you put the heating on?

Yo_Yo

Reaction score
How often do you put the heating on in your house? and for how long?

We barely have it on at the moment, even though it's winter!

What about you?

Im ashamed to say its been on constantly even at night for last few days.

About two hours of a night. Not the heating though, just the fire. I put the heating on for an hour maybe twice a week.

About three to four times a day , for an hour each time haha. I like to have a warm house. X

It's on constantly at the moment. I just switch the dial up and down throughout the day. At night it's set on a timer to come on at 4 so it's warm when we wake up. I got up for a pee around 2 last night and it was absolutely freezing. I don't know how people can't not have it on lately its so cold.

About 2 or 3 times a day.

An hour in the morning and an hour in the afternoon. If it's gettin nippy I'll put it on again for an hour in the evening.

I have mine on for an hour or so in the morning, an hour at dinner time and then a hour or so late afternoon. My house has cavity wall and loft insulation and neighbours either side so it's a warm house :)

It's on a timer and comes on and off through the day depending on how cold it is. It's an old house but the radiators are powerful. Unless it's freezing I hate the heating being on overnight as gets so stuffy and gives me a headache but if it's really cold would leave on thermostat to come on and off during night. Much prefer my fire on in the living room to the central heating though.

We keep it on constantly but lower the thermostat if it gets too warm at any point.

Never, we don't have any. Wouldn't put it on if we did as a) it's summer, b) it costs too much and c) it doesn't get very cold here.

In the winter, constantly. We keep it at 67 or 68 during the day then drop it down to 65 or 66 at night. It gets way too cold here to turn the heat off!

Mines only constantly at 20 degrees, it's turned off at night (10pm-ish) and switched back on around 7am.

all the time, but change the temperature

it's never off :( we have set our thermostat to 20.5 degrees and the radiators are on quite a bit thanks to a lot of heat being lost to living in a old house with high ceilings.

Put it on constant at around 6am and turn it off around 7.30pm I hate being cold

All the time really at the mo, it's bloody cold. It's on a thermostat. Doesn't kick in so much/use as much gas since getting the loft insulated.

Its on all the time, full blast, all winter. Can't turn it off here, pipes would freeze and burst.

I put mine on every morning and evening. Its too cold to not put it on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->