How often do you put the heating on?

Its on all the time, full blast, all winter. Can't turn it off here, pipes would freeze and burst.

I wouldn't like to see your gas/electric bill! It must cost you a fortune!

Doesn't cost much, we have really cheap electricity here. I pay about 20-30 euros a month.

Im very jelous! Im scared to put mine on too much as ours is soooo expensive but with a baby kind of need it on. We owe them £600 and that was in summer when we didnt even have the heating on :(

It's constantly on. We just adjust the thermostat throughout the day.

Its on all the time, full blast, all winter. Can't turn it off here, pipes would freeze and burst.

I wouldn't like to see your gas/electric bill! It must cost you a fortune!

Doesn't cost much, we have really cheap electricity here. I pay about 20-30 euros a month.

Im very jelous! Im scared to put mine on too much as ours is soooo expensive but with a baby kind of need it on. We owe them £600 and that was in summer when we didnt even have the heating on :(

Glad I don't like in the UK anymore, can't bear being in a cold home!

Wasn't aware that people turned the heat off.
We have to on and set to 20 from October-May. I live in northern ontario, it's cold here.

We have turned ours on a few times in the evening for a maxof 1.5 hours. It comes on if the flat is colder than 15 degrees.
We also have an electric under blanket on our bed which costs about 1p a night to run so we use this instead!

Ive not really bothered turning it off all week its just been on low x

I've given in and put it back on. I was freezing, poor lo had cold hands! Felt awful!

I wasn't aware people turned their heat off, especially in colder places than here. Ours is on a thermostat, it stays on all the time.

I've got oil central heating that comes on in the morning for a couple of hours on a timer then its set to come back on at lunch time on the days we are in at that time, then again at around 6 at night for an hour or two. I have an open fire in the living room so light that most evenings.

It's on a timer to come on at 7-9 am then youngest goes to nursery til 12 so I am warm from cleaning etc & if I do sit down I wrap myself in a huge fluffy blanket. It then comes on from 1-7 when they go to bed & we put our onsies on & a elec oil filled rad in our front room if we are watching tv if it's really cold

We don't have a thermostat :cry: It's freezing all the time our house is badly draughty! I miss my flat for the gas, thermostat and instant hot water haha

We have to switch it on to get hot water for some ridiculous reasons. So even in summer it's on for at least an hour a day.
At the moment it's on most of the time. We have a big house with wooden floors and a badly designed extension. So we need it on.
Can not wait to move to somewhere warmer, with carpet.

It is supposed to come close to -40C tonight and will reach that with windchill tomorrow. :cold:
In our part of Canada, the furnace is typically on about 6-8 months of the year. Most people turn it up and down as needed, so it will lower during the nights and get warmer during the day, etc, but yes, it costs astronomically more in the winter here. Our particular utiliities provider has an option in which bills can be averaged out over the year, which can help.

I have it on lots, at least 4 times a day for an hour. And it comes on around 4am so the house is cosy for when we get up.

I absolutely hate the cold. Hence why we are moving abroad.

I have it on lots, at least 4 times a day for an hour. And it comes on around 4am so the house is cosy for when we get up.

I absolutely hate the cold. Hence why we are moving abroad.

Jealous... wish I was moving abroad!

If I had mine in constantly 24 hours a day it would cost me over £25 per day :( that's a 2 bed council house :'(

It's ridiculous. Costs just over £1 an hour. Need a new house lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->