How often do you wash bath towels???

babyhopesxx

Mum of 2 boys
Reaction score
I only ask because me and other half have had a minor row about this yet again :dohh:

Basically every time he has a shower he puts his bath towel in the wasing basket even if it's brand new and freshly washed. He said that when he lived with his parent his mum would wash there towels every time they showered.

I wash mine and our childrens bath towels about once a week. When we've had a bath or shower the towels go back on the radiator, on the line outsie or just somewhere to dry. I never leave them in a heap on the floor to get all stale.

Now i think if i were to wash everyones towel every time they bathed it would be a bit too much. With all the normal washing, school uniform, work trousers and shirts for OH, bed sheets, tea towels and even the bath mat goes in there occasionally. My 6 year olds coat gets very dirt quickly so that needs regular washing too. All this and then to wash 4 peoples towels after every time they have a bath is just impossible. And on top of that where am i supposed to dry all these items, especially during the winter??!! :shrug:

So do you think it's ok to wash bath towels once a week, or am i just minging? lol. I just want to tell OH that our home is not a fucking hotel!!! Grrr :growlmad: sorry for the rant.

Erm with Jackson's I put his in the wash straight away but that's just because his are piled in his wardrobe atm and would start to smell (until we move and we have nice new towels and storage)

The rest of us, they prob go in the wash after 3 maybe 4 times of use. Hollie hangs hers on the back of her door on a peg thing and we hang them over the bath or top of door to dry out.

xx

ia m a nightmare for this, i used to put them in the wash after one use but have stopped and use them 2 or 3 times now.

Once they have been used they go in the wash basket and I would then wash them. I do the towel washing once a week.

erm yeh if i have to admit it ill put my tail between my legs and hang my head low. i also can never get them dry, i just rewash them!! then we have none and have to use a hair towel, my hubby goes nuts hes 6ft 4 and seeing him dry himself on a hair towel is hilarious.

but yeh i give in i think 2 to 3 times is ok, unless theyve bn left to get damp and smelly then wash them.

We use ours for a week as well, I mean your clean when you get out. So as long as your letting it dry properly dont see the problem.

I wash mine after each use. You still rub off dead skin cells etc.

with big bath sheets i probably wash them after about 3 uses? we put them on the radiator in our bedroom when we're done using them and let them dry again. they don't smell or anything.

my hair towels i use twice, again i put it on the radiator to dry it out.

hand towels in the bathroom that everyone uses, i probably wash once a week. (i have two in there)

jake's bath towels i change every time, i have no idea why his are any different to ours :rofl: i only let him wear clothes once too.

I put them back on the radiator to dry so it's not like they smell. And yeah your clean when you get out the shower. Lol. I could always wash them after each use but oh probably wouldn't have any clean work clothes either because we have clothes on the clothes horse or line every day to dry so how would we get the towels dry. The normal washing gets left if I do a towel or bed sheet wash iyswim.

I wash mine once a week in separate very hot wash. If I did mine each time i used it my life would be taken up by washing!

Ater every single use I wash them,I can't imagine using them twice or sharing used towels

after every wash seems excessive to me. i mean thats two full size bath towels and my daughters towel every day for me to put in the washing machine. when do i have the time for that? i'd have to put the wash on before work and hang it out after work and then somehow also get the rest of the washing done. this is crazy! we're weekly washer of towels here.

hehe unless you ladies that wash them after every use are secretly not daily washers ;) and in which case you have no laundry issues at all

I am a daily washer thanks lol! And mine and hubbys and kids bath towels get washed after every use as well as keeping well on top of all my other washing, my wash basket is always empty :smug: I am on mat leave and also find it soo easy to shove some clothes in the washer and some powder then shove them in the drier the get them out and fold them, you just have to keep at it :thumbup:

that's where i fail. i don't keep at it :haha: i'm not a one time user then wash either. i hate laundry :(
it's not so much the washing and drying it's the putting away. it drives me mad!

We don't share towels we each gave our own ones. I'm on mat leave too and I'm always behind with the washing. It's a never ending pile and there's always clothes out drying, as soon as the last lot is dry another lot goes in the washing machine :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->