How often do you wash bath towels???

my excuse is laziness though. washing is just pure boring. i've tried so many times to keep on top of it but after about two loads i'm ready to stop. it helps that i have a 7kg washing machine so i can get quite a bit done!

Only 7kg??, mines 9kg :smug: Jelous? haha

Im jelous you have a tumble dryer.....seriously thinking of getting one now, sick of drying bloody clothes everywhere.

I use once and wash, in the summer less because they dry so much easier.

I wash them once a week, along with bedding.

After one use is such a waste! You should be clean when you come out of the shower, so the towel only has to dry until next time... and should be fine as long as you don't leave it in a crumpled heap to go stale!

I seem to mix it up a little..

I'll throw a towel in the hamper after use right up until I get down to the last one then I'll use it 2 times and then finally cave in and do some laundry :rofl:

Do they not have energy efficient washer & dryers in the UK? All this talk about how much energy they use up I can't imagine that having the heat cranked to dry out clothes is any more efficient on the electric?

our towels get washed once a week except for the kids they have a clean one everytime. there wouldnt be enough hours in the day to wash towels every sinlge day because my son has a stoma all his clothes and towels have to be washed seperatly which means i wash about 4 times a day just for his clothes. my tumble dryer is constantly going. mine and Oh's towels are hung on the radiator to dry.

I wash(Or go into dirty basket) after every use.

OH tries to keep us though for 2 times but hes male so NEEDs washing after every use haha

We use our towels twice, and then we throw them in our laundry basket... I wash about 10 towels a week. I dont like towels that have been used more than twice :sick: just weirds me out... but in all honesty, if you hang em up they are good to go :thumbup:

I wash them after every use. Only takes a couple of hours to wash & bang them in the dryer so they'll be fresh again.

There isnt really a rule in our house. DH's probably get washed more than mine because he doesnt hang them up. He is a 1 use kind of man! I hang mine up and will probably use them 2-3 times. Erin gets clean ones! I just had to buy more towels because we didnt have enough :dohh: (£3 for bath sheets, £1 for hand towels from Asda if anybody is in need :) )

I always hang mine up after every time I use them, I have a separate one for hair/face then one for my body. I wash them after a few uses 2-3 maybe. OH usually forgets to hang his up so they get washed after one use usually. We don't have set his and hers towels but generally know who has used which towels so don't share used towels iykwim.

Hand towels get changed 1-2 times a week because somehow OH always manages to turn a white towel grey after lighting a fire :dohh: Must teach him to rinse hands before trying to dry and also training him at the moment not to wipe toothpaste on the towel haha

I dont have any kids so I wash mine after every use....purely because I have the time too. I'm sure if I had children and more washing i'd probably reuse them once or twice. I'd wash Liams everytime though as he works on building sites and gets really dirty.
(Yes I know he should be clean when he gets out but hes usually covered in so much concrete he's probably missed abit like always....hense why his towels are the black ones lol)

Every time they're used is expecting too much lol we do after 3/4 uses too. You'd be constantly doing washing (if you aren't already...we do!) otherwise!! Your DH is being unreasonable.

Every 3-4 days mine, I use it as a hand towel and shower every second day so it gets a bit of use before it goes in. No idea about OH, he throws his in whenever he feels like it and I don't want to think about how often that is or isn't lol. Eamon's get used 2-3 times and then washed same as me.

Yeah I wash towels after 2-3 times of use. They are always hung up afterward, never piled in a wet heap on the floor. If I had all the time in the world then maybe I'd wash the towels after every single use.

Nah... not even then probably :haha:

Sometimes if I want the niceness of a fluffy towel but am not due a fresh one :haha: I'll pop the one I've used last in the dryer for a quick tumble to soften it a bit and get that fresh towel feel again :)

I wash mine and LOs every time, OH insists they can be used again and keeps his, but I often just go and put it in the wash hehe. I was wash robes loads too, not every time but certainly once a week!

I am terrible though, if something is too creased for me to be bother to try and and iron out it goes back in the wash. I wash anything on the floor, or if i haven't put the washing away for a few days I just re wash them. The kids clothes I was after every use. and i have to put on clean clothes after every bath or shower, even if that means changing three or four times a day! hehe. I know its bad, but i love fresh clothes, bedding, towels etc.

Every 4-6 uses. DH's are washed less as he would keep going and going if I didn't throw them in the wash. He uses at least two towels per shower. All our towels are different colours so there's no confusion. They are hung up to dry after use. If they are damp in the morning I get a new one.

Do people who wash their towels daily (honestly had no idea people did this) wash their bed sheets daily? Surely there would be more skin cells rubbed off in an average night in bed?

I remember reading about a survey about how often people washed themselves and how often they changed their sheets and there were people who showered daily but NEVER changed their sheets :sick: Seriously that is disgusting!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->