How often do you wash bath towels???

We all use our own towels and I wash them after 2 or 3 uses.

With my 3 towels (One to step on, one for my hair and one for my body) Oh's towel, and LO's towel washing 5 towels everyday would cost me a fortune in winter!!

I wash ours after about 2 uses. Used to wash them everytime someone had used them but it got a bit much! xx

I wash our bath towells after every 2 washes, 3 max, Hand towells once every other day and tea towells everyday.

I used to use same one 2 or 3 times, but i have bad skin and have found that if I use a fresh towel its better so I use one each day.

Every week on a sunday along with bedding. No idea why it has to be Sunday its just the day my mum did it.

It would be impossible to wash and get dry everyday all the towels in the house (My towel, OH's, LO's, hair towel, bath mat, and three hand towels) as I only have two full sets of towels I need enough time to get them dry.

I only use a towel that one time and toss it in the dirty laundry bin. But it's just me and DH. I do the towel wash about once a week.

The in-laws use their towels about 3-4 times, and there's a full house (SILs, BILs in town). I hate it because I'm always stuck trying to dry off with a wet towel. Might as well just stand naked by the radiator.

i wash them after they have been used. every time

I wash bath towels after every use. Me and OH occasionally share a towel to dry our hair so that gets 'used' twice.

after every 2-3 uses unless the kids have wiped their tomato-saucy face on them or dirt, then they get put in the wash right away. We tend to do one towel wash a week xx

I do ours once a week simply due to the fact that we don't have enough room to store 28 bath towels. My mom on the other hand has always had the use once and done rule.

The only thing that would persuade me to wash towels after each use would be if someone in the house had scabies (or similar!) They don't, so I don't :D

That said, I don't do all the washing in this house anyway - I do mine, Mr Urch does his. It will only be if I can't make up a full load that I find something of his to put in too.

I refuse to have a drier as they cost a fortune in electricity - and make your clothes go funny shapes :rofl:

So the answer to the towels question is:
MY towel is washed once a week, and goes on a rad to dry immediately after I have used it, so it doesn't get smelly
I really don't care about skin cells - I shed those all day every day and can't believe that the ones on my towel are any worse than the ones in my bed and I certainly wouldn't change my sheets more than once a week either! (except when AF makes it necessary)
And given that I bath every day, and all of me comes out clean, I'm not unduly worried about the face/bum thing :D

Mr Urch is responsible for his own towel, and I suspect it gets washed a lot less frequently than mine :lol:

My suggestion for the OP is that they get towels in a different colour for him, and he can use as many as he likes - but he is also responsible for washing, drying and putting them away - and may not pinch hers if he runs out. Sorted

My towel I usually wash after 3/4 times...DH's I wash more often just because in his job he gets filthy & covered in nasty chemicals

3-4 uses before washing. even hotels ive been to encourage re using when staying consecutive nights. tell him we all need to be eco aware and save the planet for our kids :)

I've never really put much thought into this!! :) I kind of like to 'save' towels too, in a way, I take a bath and dry off and then my two boys do the same and dry off with the same towel. the towel is then put into the hamper for washing, so while it is washed technically the same day of use, it does get 3 uses before it's being washed!! :haha: DH is a little more particular, and uses his own towel, which he then stows away in the bedroom for the next day, it's hard telling how often his towel gets thrown in the hamper.

we wash our bath towels every 2-3 days half of us hang them to dry and use for next time and the other just put directly into the wash basket..... but with my son i give him a new towel everytime

Every few days and we share towels - never even thought of having our own towels :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->