How often does the MW/HV come after you've had baby ?

mama2b

Mummy & TTC
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Im due on the 9th April and we are supposed to be moving house by the end of the month, we get the keys on the 16th April but are not moving right away as going to be way to stressful methinks but my main concern about it all is that I am in some way going to mess up the visits from MW.

We will be moving to another county so will have to change GP's etc and I am a bit concerned that depending on when the baby comes I am not going to see mw reguarly or even at all ?!

Does it vary in different areas or do they come out everyday for first week (I have been told this by a friend)

Thanks everyone xx

Where we live, they came out every other day for the first 10 days and then passed us over to the Health Visitor who came out for one visit on day 11. After that it was upto us to take baby to see the HV to get weighed etc but defo not compulsory from then on x xx

My midwife came everyday for 10days then every few days after that because i had a csection and was feeling abit down she didnt want to discharge me for another 2weeks. But in most cases if everything is ok with you and baby the MW will usually discharge you at 10days and then you will get one visit from the HV.

Mine came once and that was it!!

Tell your mw the situation and she will probably sort out getting you set up with the mw's in your new area :)

Mine came once and the health visitor came once.

I am seeing mw on Friday so I will ask then how often she comes and how easy the change over, guess if its only one visit I will be able to move sooner without any probs x

my mw came out a few times as i had a bad infection and they tried to sort it, which they couldn't :dohh: the hv then came out twice i believe, i too would speak to your mw about it honey as it does seem to vary x

here the midwife came out for first 10 days (rarely the same midwife twice) then it was health visitor and will be health visitor coming out from now on

Hi everyone,

Im due on the 9th April and we are supposed to be moving house by the end of the month, we get the keys on the 16th April but are not moving right away as going to be way to stressful methinks but my main concern about it all is that I am in some way going to mess up the visits from MW.

We will be moving to another county so will have to change GP's etc and I am a bit concerned that depending on when the baby comes I am not going to see mw reguarly or even at all ?!

Does it vary in different areas or do they come out everyday for first week (I have been told this by a friend)

Thanks everyone xx

I don't know if it's the same everywhere but where I live the HV is attached to the GP surgery, and you can only register your baby with a GP if you live in their catchment area (but you can stay with a GP if you move house to outside the area.) I changed GP surgeries while pg so that I would be in the same one as the baby and it took 8 weeks to get it sorted, which for an adult is fine, but for a baby not so good as it can delay them getting their vaccinations. Can you try getting registered with your new GP now? Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->