How often to BD?

Angel022605

5K fun
Reaction score
Ladies I'm in need of opinions. How often do I need to BD? If it's every day I've read it can lower sperm count but increase sperm motility. If it's every other day it read it can increase sperm count but lower motility. Any answers are greatly appreciated :)

We dtd every other day to increase the chances and cover the entire ovulation period. It seems to have worked for us.

We DTD every other day around my fertile time, if that eggy is ready you will get pregnant thats how I feel - Lots of luck :happydance:

Every other day, quality of sperm every day decreases massively and they can live inside you for more than 24 hours so will be waiting for the egg xx good luck xx

I'd say bd every day in your fertile window. Men, on average, produce millions of sperm a day regardless of whether or not they're ejaculating. It is actually another one of those outdated bits of info that sperm quality goes down if you bd every day. I also suggest reading "The Impatient Woman's Guide to Getting Pregnant". It debunks a lot of the outdated "data" that is so prevalent in the baby making world. Good luck! Lots of baby dust your way!

When I got pregnant we BD every day for like 6 days before I ovulated! I'm not sure if I believe that sperm quality goes down if you BD every day. I read somewhere that only applies if the male has a known problem with sperm quality. My DH is healthy as can be, so we're just going with that until proven otherwise. I think BD every other day is good if you aren't tracking ovulation so that you're for sure hitting the little egg!

I heard the whole Sherman quality decreasing was a complete myth. However I DTD every other day only because I was worried about getting a UTI as I tend to get them.

We dtd every other day in the month we successfully conceived.

Two cycles I got bfp we DTD every other day. But I've talked to many women that either do the smep plan or everyday with bfps. I would argue that it depends on ur Dh. Mine seems to recharge better with a day in between.

We did every other day. Highest rate of conception is the day before O, and I'm pretty sure that's the one that did the trick this time. Just remember the human reproductive system gets an F. Your odds of not conceiving each cycle are far higher than your odds of conceiving. It can take a while even if you do everything right.

Unless there is an issue with low sperm count then just do it as much as you can manage! The times I've BD the most in the fertile window are the times I've ended up pregnant. Good luck X

We did about every other day. Occasionally we would do two days in a row.

We DTD every day during fertile period. Both times we did , we ended up pregnant. Before that we did every other day and no luck... even though it could just be coincidence, it worked for us so I'm in the every day camp! Lol

Were dtd every other leading to o and every day around it.

When we concieved we oy dtd once in a week

We also DTD every other during the 2 week fertile period. Good luck! I hope you get a bfp soon. :dust:

Ladies I'm in need of opinions. How often do I need to BD? If it's every day I've read it can lower sperm count but increase sperm motility. If it's every other day it read it can increase sperm count but lower motility. Any answers are greatly appreciated :)

My opinion is based off personal experience and for us my husband has a lower sperm count and low mobility plus my PCOS. It is recommended to BD every other day is what I always read and our doctors as well. For us even during our fertilty treatment we BD as requested and on which days and nothing. When we conceived our daughter we had BD twice that day then again 3 days later. This pregnancy we BD twice a day for three days straight! With both pregnancies we never BD so close together and never conceived. This is what worked for us because of our troubles but if you both are healthy and have no fertility troubles BD every other day or whichever you are comfortable with :)

I didn't take the poll, but this is my fourth pregnancy, and I DTD numerous times a day to conceive my intentional babies (#1 and #4). DTD ONCE my entire cycle, using protection, with my second, and it wasn't near my fertile time, so he was a surprise. DTD daily with my third-born, but I was on the pill.

Just to throw another horse in the game here. The cycles we dtd every day during the fertile window were BFNs for us. We only BD'd 3 times our BFP cycle, and I'm pretty sure if we had just BD'd once the day before O it would still be a BFP this time. I think it's more about timing and keeping at it than anything. While possible throughout the fertile window, rates the day before O are highest.

We pretty much only did it around my fertile time (that took enough energy and planning), maybe 3 times that week when I knew I would be fertile, including day of O and 2 days before and then maybe the day before that. I got pregnant 2nd cycle off the pill. I think honestly do it as much as you normally would, don't change anything other than to time it so whenever you do it, it's on your fertile days. If you normally have sex daily, keep it up. You only need one sperm, not millions, so do what makes you happy, feels normal and keeps it stress-free. If you normally do it a couple times a month (like us), time it for your fertile days.

Every other day, you'll wear your poor SO out with everyday! I made the mistake of doing this and was off on my days, so hubby wasn't in the mood anymore. I thought we wouldn't get pregnant, but ended up dtd day of ovulation, and bam I'm pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->