How often to use opk?

afindley

Reaction score
I am a new opk user and was wondering how many times a day do u test. My cycles average about every 42 days and I am not sure when I O. I started using opk this cycle and the all were neg until CD21 or Cd22 they were the same color but if I go back and look at them now they are all the same color. So just really confused now. I ordered internet cheapies guess that was not a good idea for first time user. Any advice??????

Hi! :hi:

Since you have longer cycles, to save money, start testing around cd15 or so, once a day, 2pm or later [best time is 2-8pm]. Once you start to see the second line darken, that's when it's best to start testing at least twice a day, example - once at 2pm and again at 8pm! Some will even test as many as 3x a day when O is really close [mostly because some people have short surges and want to be certain they are getting accurate results.] Also never read an OPK after the time limit. Mine almost ALWAYS get super dark after they dry.
Are you temping or using any other methods to confirm ovulation? Good luck and lots of dust!

Mine actually got lighter. I took a picture of it when I thought if was postive and a couple days later put them all together and they were all the same color. Ithought it would have stayed that color or gotten darker. I haven't been temping I am going to start telling next cycle. I ordered what said wondfo strips but when I got them they were clinical guard I looked online and a lot of women said they were no good.

my opks dry the same color too so i dont even save them anymore. i was testing at 2 and 8pm and wasnt getting anything dark so i started testing at 1030, 1230 & 2 and for oct, nov and end of dec i got my positive at 1230 and was negative by 2 so next cycle im going to just test 1030 and 1230. the thing i did notice was that my test line and control line developed" at the same rate. I usually start getting darker tests 2 days before i get my positive and im glad i noticed this bc i was driving myself crazy. ive been confirming with cb digis and got smiley faces 2 times after i noticed this.

Next cycle I am sure using digital instead of driving myself crazy. I know I had 2 that was darker the. On the 4th it was a negative. My calendar say I was to O on the 4th the 2 darker lines was on the 2nd &3rd. So I am assuming I O'ed.

i wasted ALOT of cb digis the first month i used them. so i would use both of them at least for the first month so you have something to compare especially since you have such long cycles. the first time i got my pos ic opk and my smiley face at the same time it was a "duh" moment for me. at the end of dec i only used 2 digis. my dh was very happy to hear that i didnt have to use all 20 in one cycle lol

I have tons of the cheapies cause I thought it was such a deal so I will have plenty for the next couple months so I will do that don't want to waste the good ones. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->