How painful was your miscarriage?

Hiya honey :hugs:

I lost both my LOs at 6+6 & 6+4, my first miscarriage was about the same pain as a period, it felt like cramps and the bleeding was bright red.. my second was slightly uncomfortable but nothing severe, completely different to my first.

So sorry for your loss! :( xx

I was 8 weeks and it was bad enough that I had my fiancee drive me to the ER (2 hours away). The cramps were probably the worst pain I have ever felt.

I'm so sorry for your loss ((hugs))

Hi hun I'm so so sorry for your loss. I lost my baby almost 6 weeks ago and I found it not all too terrible though still painful enough I shan't forget it. It was really really uncomfortable and I was crying and everything because I didn't know what was happening to me. I was doubled over and couldn't feel better but after I passed my little angel it didn't hurt anymore. I was still quite sore for a week after but it came and went. I just had to go easy, again I'm sorry for your loss xxx

I had a D&C after loosing my first pregnancy, and naturally miscarried my second, and I can honstly say that the natural miscarriage was as painful as labour with my daughter. With the D&C, I just felt sore, as opposed to pain.

I don't know if that's the experiences everyone else had? :shrug:

10 weeks, and this is the worst pain I have ever felt. They left me sitting in the ER bleeding and in terrible pain for 4 hours-so much for triage! I had passed baby before they got me back, and finally gave me two shots of dilaudid.

I had my miscarriage on the 31st May this year. It was the most painful experience of my life. It first started when i was sitting at my desk at work, completely unexpected. Thankfully nobody was around and i was able to rush to the bathroom. one of my close work friends came to find me and she rushed out to get me clean stockings and pants. It wasn't too bad then, i went home and my partner left work to meet me.

At about 2am the next morning i woke up in crippling pain I went to the toilet and was passing tonnes of clots. I tried to go back to bed but would wake every 5 minutes needing to go to the toilet again. By about 6 am i was fine and went to the doctors that morning. They told me i needed to have an ultrasoundwhich i had to wait till about 3pm for. By 5pm when the results were back and i was again in crippling pain and going to the bathroom every 5 minutes at the doctor surgery they told me i had to go to emergancy.

We rushed to the hospital and luckily i only had to wait about 5 minutes before being admitted. I had lost so much blood that i couldn't stand. I had a D&C that night. Before i went in they told me that the only bed that they had avaliable was in the maternity ward with all the babies. I told them i'd rather sleep in a corridor. Eventually they found me another room.

The pain was all gone after the surgery but emotionally i am still a wreck.

I don't really talk about it to anyone and it feels really good to get this written down and off my chest.

I mc in July and I was five weeks, physically I could cope with the pain. The only real pain I had was for a few of hours after the first hospital visit. It started happening when we left the hospital, didn't feel that bad to begin with and I'd been having mild cramps for a couple of days before. But it gradually got worse and turned into what felt like period pain, I get quite bad period pain as it is so I'm not sure if I was already 'used' to that kind of physical pain. It was bad enough that I had to sit on the loo (sitting on the loo helps me when I have cramps, probably a mental thing) crying and moaning but I'm like that when I get a period anyway, this time I was crying over more than just physical pain though. I think that was when my angel left me but it was so early I couldn't tell itkwim. All I know is that was the worst pain I'd been in throughout the whole miscarriage so I'm assuming that was it.

Apart from those few hours sat on the toilet the worst I had were mild cramps in my tummy and back, although the evening and day after the toilet episode i was dosed up on paracetamol, and still felt quite uncomfortable. I'm just dreading my first period as I think it's just going to be a major reminder for me as it felt so similar. So sorry for everyones losses, breaks my heart that this is so common and us ladies have no choice but to be strong and deal with it.

I seem to be the exception here, but I was 10.5 weeks and didn't have any pain at all. I was miscarrying on my own for about 8 hours...then they gave me a pitocin drip and some other pills to stimulate cramping to stop the bleeding. they expected me to be in pain, but I wasn't. I had an emergency d&c...and no pain after either.

I found childbirth a lot worse..and I'm not sure why I didn't get any pain with my miscarriage - but I hemorrhaged pretty badly...not sure if there is any relation.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I miscarried at 7 weeks, but did not have a natural miscarriage, because my doctor didn't want to risk major bleeding so I had a D&C. But before I found out I miscarried, I started having sever back aches, that I can only compare to labor pains (I have an 8 year old son, so I know what labor feels like). the backache started while I was at work and got so bad I had to leave. I wasn't sure if I woud be able to drive home. Once at home I couldn't take anything, because I still didn't know if I was miscarrying or not. I finally had DH go get some regular strength tylenol, while it didn't help much, I had to try something. After that evening the backaches stopped and never returned. So 2 weeks later I ended up having a D&C.

Hello all-

Yesterday I was 9 weeks, I think my baby was gone at 8 weeks, we couldn't know because the doctor couldn't see a sac yesterday, I had a transvaginal US and he said that he is sorry for my loss gave me some medication and asked to see me in ten days hoping that I won't need dnc. I left devastated with my husband it was just a confirmation , I have been bleeding mildly for a week and knew it was going to end this way and of course nothing would prevent it, I took progesterone just in case anyways, I started taking the pills yesterday my pain started today at 2 pm, and I have never felt this pain in my life I was home alone, I doubled, screamed and sat on the bathroom floor, I am used to heavy periods but this can't be explained , I kept crying and praying that it ends quickly at 3 I called my husband begged him to come home, I started puking and then something pushed out in my pad and panties and then everything stopped I couldn't get up I stayed on the floor I was battered scared and feeling very cold, my husband came and helped me up hugged me so hard, helped me shower with warm water brought me fresh clothes. I am still in pain but much much better than what happened earlier, I thank God that I was alone, I would have felt very ashamed if anyone saw me this way. I miss my baby, I know it is in heaven now, I feel very sad and am so down, my husband is supporting me that was my first pregnancy, I never thought I would get pregnant naturally. I thank God and I am hoping for another healthy pregnancy. Sorry for making this too long, I was just desperate to take it off my chest. I am sorry for all your loses and wishing you good luck on your next tries.

Take care all

When I had my natural mc in 2009 I was 7 weeks, I remember there was alot of bleeding and the cramps would come on in waves just like labour pains, mine died down as soon as I passed the sac which luckily for me didn't take too long! This time was alot different though, I went for my 12 week scan not knowing anything was wrong as i'd had morning sickness the whole time and no bleeding, during the scan we found out the baby had stopped growing around 7w5d and they also suspected it to be a partial mole so I had to have an ERPC on Tuesday.

i cant actually comment on miscarriage pains as it never happened naturally for me i had a d and c 2 days ago but have had labour pains and have given birth to my son which i actually found really enjoyable loved it yes it killed but you are holding something at the end of it that you love so its worth it.

television I don't think your comments are appropriate for this thread. We are on here to talk about the pain/ discomfort of mc and you are talking about enjoying labour & getting to hold your baby.

I have had to natural mc & waiting on the 3rd one to start, I find your comments upsetting for this thread.

Sorry for your loss huni :hugs: i lost a bub at 4 weeks, and even though it was very early (chemical) i was in alot of pain and passed alot of blood and clots and tissue. i was very surprised consiering i was so early. its not a nice experience for any one :( xx

television I don't think your comments are appropriate for this thread. We are on here to talk about the pain/ discomfort of mc and you are talking about enjoying labour & getting to hold your baby.

I have had to natural mc & waiting on the 3rd one to start, I find your comments upsetting for this thread.

i agree

I was about 6-8 weeks gone and mine started at abut 2pm and went on until about 11pm. I was screaming like I've never screamed before for help, hubby slept through most of it (git), but i was close to getting him to get me into hospital. I had contractions, which seemed to stop about 9pm, I went outside to chat to neighbour, felt better for standing up, went to loo and - sorry this may be tmi - had something the size of my hand fall out - first i knew i that I was even pregnant. had a bit more bleeding but then had major contractions after that the same evening and again about a week later.

I had a 5 hour tattoo. That was NOTHING compared to this pain. I even thought about knocking myself out so I didnt have to deal with it, and I have a high threshold. If having a baby is as painful, I am having second thoughts.

I was about 6-8 weeks gone and mine started at abut 2pm and went on until about 11pm. I was screaming like I've never screamed before for help, hubby slept through most of it (git), but i was close to getting him to get me into hospital. I had contractions, which seemed to stop about 9pm, I went outside to chat to neighbour, felt better for standing up, went to loo and - sorry this may be tmi - had something the size of my hand fall out - first i knew i that I was even pregnant. had a bit more bleeding but then had major contractions after that the same evening and again about a week later.

I had a 5 hour tattoo. That was NOTHING compared to this pain. I even thought about knocking myself out so I didnt have to deal with it, and I have a high threshold. If having a baby is as painful, I am having second thoughts.

But having a baby is an entirely different experience hun. :hugs:

But having a baby is an entirely different experience hun. :hugs:[/QUOTE]

good!!!

When I miscarried in March at 8wk it was honestly the worst pain I have felt in my life. When I started to miscarry I felt no pain then whilst in the waiting area of the hospital I was cramped over but tried not to show any signs of distress to the other women. I had to keep getting up every 5 mins to change my pads and I was walking like john wayne as I kept getting large clots also (tmi) , the amount of blood was surreal and scary - yet I remained calm. Afterwards when I was at home I was doubled over again with a hot water bottle and ibruprofen, after about 3 days I went to the doctors who perscribed me Co-Drydramol (Strong Painkiller) and Metfanimic acid (They give this to ladies with heavy periods and reduces inflamation). I say for me the pain got bearable after a week (whether it was because I became custom to it) ... I went down the natural route and it was only in the May that I was given the all clear.

its a week from my mc, I was 6 weeks I must admit I was expecting servere pain and bleeding but mine was more like a heavy period and period pains think in a way thats why Im finding it hard to believe I have had it.
Im sorry for all the losses but fingers crossed we will all have our babies in our arms one day xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->