How popular is the name Elijah where you live??

No one with the name at the school i work at either!

I love the name Elijah - my OH doesn't like it. I don't know anyone called it. As far as I know it's a biblical name (someone earlier said American?).
Of course, there is Elijah in Vampire Diaries and Elijah Wood but I don't know any others

Haha, my sister keeps commenting about the Elijah in Vampire Diaries. Ive never watched it myself but she loves it :thumbup:

Oooh, thats good to know!! :flower:

Im reading it (well as far as the replies on the thread go anyway) that perhaps its quite popular in the USA and maybe Canada/Australia and although not as popular in the UK as of yet its possibly on the rise???? x

I know one Elijah. He's 5 and goes by Eli most of the time. He's a really nice kid!

Oooh, thats good to know!! :flower:

Im reading it (well as far as the replies on the thread go anyway) that perhaps its quite popular in the USA and maybe Canada/Australia and although not as popular in the UK as of yet its possibly on the rise???? x

Yes - I've noticed some on some of the american shows on tv

i love it but question
do you pronouce it with
ee-lijah
or ell-ijah

?
(hope that made sence)

I've never personally met an Elijah. I've lived in S. Florida, N. California and in central NY. That said, many names are generational, so within his generation I'm not sure how popular it is. I don't know many newborns. ;)

I think it's a nice name. But, I like Sebastian, too. :)

Nooooooooooooooooo! Chris Evans on the ONe Show announced that he is calling his son Eli!

I know just one....Elijah in Home and Away :haha:

We love it and it's top of our list for our next child should he be a he!!

Nicola xx

I know one little boy named Elijah and I live in South Florida

I've never met anyone called Elijah.

UK ladies I am gutted! Chris Evans on the one show anounced to the world that his baby boy is called Eli, and then on the jubilee celebrations Eli was the top jubilee name.

I thought it was really unique!

UK ladies I am gutted! Chris Evans on the one show anounced to the world that his baby boy is called Eli, and then on the jubilee celebrations Eli was the top jubilee name.

Me too :cry::cry: I think its off the list (the list of 1!!!) now, the boys father came in and basically said thats that then as he hates Chris Evans!!!

Luckily, in the last week we've come up with a name that I LOVE, he really likes and the girls all agree on too so looks like its settled at last :happydance:

Boys names are soooooooo difficult!!!

Will you still be going with the name?? x

i agree that boys names are hard.. so I left that job to my hubby and I asked him to tell me what he decided on and if i agree the so be it.

Elijah is quite popular here now., Thanks to Vampire Diaries' Elijah :winkwink:

Me too :cry::cry: I think its off the list (the list of 1!!!) now, the boys father came in and basically said thats that then as he hates Chris Evans!!!

Luckily, in the last week we've come up with a name that I LOVE, he really likes and the girls all agree on too so looks like its settled at last :happydance:

Yes its his name now, cant change it! We will spell it Ilau.

Yes its his name now, cant change it! We will spell it Ilau.

I know what you mean, once its his name, its his name and nothing can change that. I think as we still weren't sure, once 'our' boys name was mentioned it just stuck. It just felt right. Still think Eli is lovely tho :flower:

And I think the Welsh spelling will really make it unique :thumbup:

It feels soooooo good to have discovered the perfect name for us and decided at last! Wot a relief!! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->