How quickly did your bfps darken?

Ava7

Reaction score
Hi ladies congrats to all of you newly pregnant mummas 😊

I'm 9dpo today (I know, very early) and have been getting vvfaint lines for a couple of days now. I have used two different brands and the line is defo there, just sop faint. I was hoping it would be darker this morning but it looks exactly the same. I'm feeling so anxious about chemical pregnancy or another ectopic. I know it's mega early and this is what I get for early testing but I got a faint but very definite bfp with my ds which got darker nicely.

Any experience with this or words of reassurance? Xx

Hi hun! I'm 9 dpo today also.
Mine are darkening slowly (but I'm testing daily...) I'm sure if I tested every second day I'd notice more of a progression and I'm sure you're probably the same too. When I can get home I can upload a pic of my lines for your comparison if it helps put your mind at ease?

Still only early days hun but I feel your anxiety - my last was ectopic also.

Thanks hun! I'm just so anxious. I'm going to get a frer today and use it tomorrow morning. They are the faintest lines ever with no progression so I've got a really bad feeling 😔
And to top it off I've got some weird twinges and pains going on this morning, making me even more nervous! Congrats to you by the way!

Mine actually didn’t darken very quickly! I was testing far too often and getting paranoid. Try every 2-3 days. Also remember your previous test darkens after drying so when you compare a fresh one with a dry one it doesn’t look too much different! I banned myself from testing for a bit and tested a week later and got a lovely dark line and felt so much better!!

Thank you! Actually mine have been getting lighter when drying as they are so faint, so I don't have anything to compare it to 😕 xx

You’re still very early so I wouldn’t think too much into it! Try to do your best to refrain from testing every single day! My lines really didn’t progress well for a whole week! Where as with my son I had a super dark line straight away, at what I think would be the same point in pregnancy as this second one, so I naturally worried.

Any twinges you may get at this stage will likely be implantation etc. I had a spotting with both pregnancies and even more spotting with this one. Our bodies like to make us worry when there is probably no need to :p

If you’ve experienced chemicals or ectopics previously and are still experiencing twinges at say 5/6 weeks then definitely speak to the midwife and they might be able to do a reassurance scan Xxx

It depended on the tests I was using! One Step took longer to properly darken up, although I could see really slight progression throughout the day each day, also depended on the time of day I used them too, they preferred my afternoon pee.
Bluecross ICs preferred fmu and showed progression much clearer than One Step.
FRER liked fmu more and showed progression, but it would have been much more stand out ish had I tested every other day.
The dye in tests varies too, especially in the cheapies. The Bluecross I found were pretty consistent but the One Step ICs weren't, and here's a perfect example! The first IC photo first three ICs are One Step and bottom skinnier IC is Bluecross, fmu. Second IC photo, both One Step same sample late afternoon (ICs are from 14dpo I think). Then FRERs from 11dpo (when I saw first clear positives) to 15dpo. I hope that's of some help or reassurance, they can vary so much! Also I thought I was seeing faint positives before 11dpo but they weren't proper lines then 11dpo they just appeared. Faint, but definitely there

Attachments

• IMG_7762.jpg
    IMG_7762.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7763.jpg
    IMG_7763.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7761.jpg
    IMG_7761.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 23
Mine took ages to darken...I was around 12dpo when I had my bfp but didn’t believe it for a good few days as when the tests were drying they were drying to almost nothing.

Here's my progression. I got a BFP at 7 DPO (very faint)
B-HCG levels done today - 33. So not super high and pretty in line with how far I am.

The test matters too. I took a clear blue yesterday (not digi) negative and two of those First Response dip and read today and they were only SUPER faint. I'm gonna stick with FRER's from now on. I bet once you tear with a FRER hun you'll get some good lines.

Don't stress too much about twinges and cramps. They are a very normal part of early pregnancy. I've had them with both my kids. As long as the pain is not severe and you're not bleeding heavily then it's generally fine.

Attachments

• IMG_5719.jpg
    IMG_5719.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 24
Yes twinges and cramps are completely normal! I didn't really have them with my boys but I did with DD (thought af was arriving, so didn't think I was pregnant!) and this time too. It can be for so many reasons, little one burrowing nicely in there, or everything stretching, also cysts can sometimes cause pain (I have been having left sided pain which started off as dull cramping but turned into more a sharp stabby pain) and this is likely down to a cyst they found yesterday which was the cause of the same pain I had with DS2 (the only pain I had with him). It also isn't uncommon to see some spotting, usually brown ish in colour, and usually goes away quickly but for some it can be pink or red and last longer, everyone always assumes red means miscarriage but it really doesn't. Not all the time. The first few weeks are always a worry

Thanks for all the lovely reassurance ladies! Am feeling a little more positive now. Whatever happens, happens!

I do remember cramps with my ds but it's always worrying having had an ectopic previously. Because of that I have plenty of early scans and blood tests thank goodness so hopefully if the lines are darker by next week and no af then I will head to the Dr to get a referral to the EPAU. Got myself some frers so going to give a good hold and do one this pm and see what happens wish me luck

So confused! I should have just waited until the morning. BFN on FRER. but faint lines on ic and Sainsbury's own. Now I don't know what to think. I'm guessing it's a chemical 😔

I got my first bfp this cycle at 10dpo but it was vvvf to the point where there were some people who couldn't see it until it had been dried well after the time limit. I got a couple vvvf bfp’s followed by a bfn and then finally a solid progression.

I’m now 18dpo and the tests are satisfyingly dark. The bottom four were taken the day AF was due and the following 3 days afterward. If you look closely, you can see the bfn 5th down from the top. Try not to get discouraged. Some tests vary.

5C118465-3079-42AF-97E3-BFD73989E29D.jpg

Thanks for the encouragement Brandi and huge congrats to you x

I started testing a week after unprotected, because I just knew, and I'm thinking it was about 8 or 9 DPO and I didn't get a positive until AF was due, they're darkening slowly at first and now they're getting very dark at almost 5 weeks (tomorrow). I'm using internet cheapies though, my FRER darkened quickly.

My ic’s were always positive a day or two before my frer. FX! Don’t give up yet!

I always got clear positives at 10 DPO. But I know my body produces unusually high HCG levels (seriously, when I got a blood test the levels were so high it could have been twins/triplets, but nope, just singletons). So I might get stronger, earlier positives than most women.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->