How soon to see GP

MrsMA

Mum to a princess
Reaction score
I think I'm pregnant, 4 weeks today. Just wondering how soon you saw your GP? I really can't remember from last time!

I rang my gp and was booked straight in with the midwife for an appointment when I was 7 weeks. She then referred me to the hospital xx

I'm going to see mine next week and will be about 5 weeks. I will then probably wait until I have a scan at 7 wks before booking the hospital appointment.

I rang up and told the surgery. The woman said I didn't need to see a gp unless I wanted the pregnancy confirmed (which after about 6 frers I didn't see much point in lol) or if I was concerned about anything, so she booked me in with midwife for when I'm 8wks :)

I didn't get to see the midwife until 9 weeks for my booking in appointment, we don't see the gp around here, just midwife :)

I rang this morning was told to pop in and pick up a pregnancy pack, fill in a form and a booking in appointment would be arranged with the midwife. I thought I'd pop in Friday this week or Monday next week.

GPs don't tend to confirm the pregnancy, they didn't when I was pregnant with my son, just went straight to the midwife.

You don't need to see GP, can self refer straight to MW. They will either give you a number to ring or a form to fill out at the GP reception desk. It differs between areas on when you will be seen, some MW's will book you in at 8-10 weeks only and others will book in at 6 weeks.

I went to the gp the day after my bfp. They have to refer you here to the midwives and they take your height, bp etc. I was 3 weeks. I only my booking in appt today at 10+4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->