How soon were you able to get an ultrasound following an ectopic?

Alexc844

Reaction score
I had a ruptured ectopic last July and had to have my left tube removed. My primary doctor told me that when I got pregnant again, she would want me to get in as soon as possible to make sure it implanted in the right place.

I've been battling my OB'S office trying to get an ultrasound at 6 weeks (I'll be 5 tomorrow), but they are insisting that I wait until 8 weeks. With my ectopic, my tube ruptured at 8 weeks.

Should I just find a new OB? I feel like they are not taking this very seriously.

Definitely! I was scanned at 6 weeks after my ectopic and the protocol is that I will always have a scan at 6 weeks. I didn't rupture, but I was very close, and I was only 5+2!

I agree! My HCG and progesterone was immediately monitored and I had an ultrasound at 6 wks. Ruptured ectopic in Nov 09. lost my left tube.

That's horsesh1t...and yes find someone to monitor you properly. Standard protocol for monitoring a pregnancy with a women with a history of ectopic is to check hcg levels as soon as pregnancy is confirmed and compare hcg levels every 48 hrs (at least 3 blood draws). My RE scanned me at 12 dpo even though we knew there'd be nothing to see but she at least confirmed a thick uterine lining which tends to be a good sign. Once my hcg reached 1,200 we started internal scans to look for a gestational sac which is the first sign of a uterine pregnancy. The final thing we kept scanning for to confirm 100% that it was not ectopic was the yolk sac/fetal pole.

Most ectopics rupture by 6 weeks (RE said 85%) so get levels done and a scan asap. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->