How Soon?

C

carla15x

My friend is 18 weeks pregnant . . . she said she will find out the sex at her 20 week scan.

Will it be too soon for me to buy her something at that stage?
How soon did/would you start buying for a pregnancy?

xx

Buy her something and give it to her or buy her something ready for when she has the baby?

I wouldnt personally give her anything that soon but you could go on and buy it - thats if they can tell her the sex of course!!

xx

Hmm... difficult. I personally would have loved for someone to have brought me something... but the danger is if something happens I guess :/

x

IMO something can happen up until she gives birth, and after in the case of SIDs...

Buy your friend something, one of my very close friends bought me something for Seb at about 18 weeks (a blanket) and it means the world to me now that someone bought me something for my baby!

(Christ I just realised that sounds terrible - what I'm trying to say is don't worry about the what ifs :D)

aww bless, yeah I agree, I think she'd be happy if you buy her something when you find out the sex :)

I think it kinda depends on how close you are to her... if you are close I am sure it will mean a lot to her that you thought of buying her a gift before LO is born! On my best friend's last pregnancy I brought her little bits throughout, but this time I'll be giving her things at the end, mostly because she has a lot of stuff from having her LO already so I want to buy constructive stuff she needs :) x

I think it would be a lovely and supportive gesture. It just shows her that you are excited for her.

It's never a BAD thing to buy someone a gift!

I'd buy a gift and give it to my friend at that point... I'm sure she will appreciate it :)

I bought one of my friends something for her rather than the baby - some nice preg friendly massage oils, bubble baths etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->