How the hell do you get motivated?!

rubberducky88

Mum to 2 little monsters!
Reaction score
Please share your motovation tips girls!!!

I'm still 11lbs off pre pregnancy weight and LO is almost 4mo!

I know what I need to do and how I need to eat and what i need to cut out but I can't seem to get in the 'zone' even though I feel so unhappy!! I have a wardrobe full of clothes that I can't wear!!

Any advice/inspiration welcomed with open arms! Help me find the zone!! Xx

I'm still searching. I'm sick of my weight depressing me but I am so tired atm I don't have the motivation to lost the 2.5st I need to.

Honestly, set a date that you will start and don't let any excuses get in the way. The first day is always the hardest to get your butt moving. Just tell yourself "Monday August 6th, I will start working out!"

You could also go buy yourself a new pair of workout shorts or a tank top and use the workout as a way to try out your new outfit. :rofl: Its worked on me!

Personally, I've lost over 30lbs since LO was born now. I've started going to the gym or swimming 5 times a week too. It took me a while to get motivated.. I just told myself 'Right! No weighing yoruself for a week" And dieted.. the end of the week was my goal, and I lost 3lbs.. Once it got to half a stone, I found I was motivated enough because I knew it was working.

Now, I'm 8st 2lbs and not been happier in 5-6 years. So much more confidence, as I was 9st 10lbs for the last couple years. x

I don't have pregnancy weight to lose, I'm just chubby haha :)

I find it VERY easy to lose motivation. The one thing that really motivated me before was buying a dress a size too small for my sister's wedding. Then, instead of keeping it in the wardrobe, I hung it up so I saw it every night before I went to sleep and every morning when I woke up. It reminded me of what I was aiming for and set me up for the day. So vain I know, but it worked! I forget how long it took but I slimmed down into it and felt great :)

I've put it all back on again though!! But are you watching the Olympics?? Serious inspiration there! I am not at all interested in sports, but since watching the swimming, gymnastics and track events I have been to the gym 4 times this week. Just seeing how fit they are really inspired me to get back to the gym and get myself healthy. Ages ago I was too self-conscious to join a gym so I got workout DVDs instead. When I first got them, I literally just sat on the sofa to watch!!! But I wanted to know what to expect so I could think to myself, "ok tomorrow I am going to do x" and mentally I was prepared to start. I did Davina's DVDs and I did see some good results within a few weeks. Then I joined the gym when I felt more confident.

They say the first 2 weeks are the worst. If you can get yourself into some kind of routine and stick with it, after a fortnight it should feel more natural, if you see what I mean, and won't feel like such a chore. Also don't think of it as a 'diet' think of it as a lifestyle change. Diets imply denial, hard work etc. It is ok to have bad things but in moderation, and if you're doing the exercise to work it off :)

I have lost all my pregnancy weight plus 6 lbs on top of it. For me, its the inches I want to shed. My motivation is my daughter. I don't want to be that out of shape mom that can't do the fun outdoorsy stuff with her daughter, so I am starting now. Start small, don't set goals that are too high or you won't be able to achieve them.

A simple first goal would be to cut out all the junk in your diet and to drink more water. Then you can go from there. If you really want to do it, you can and you will.

ETA - The PP is right - the first 2 weeks are the hardest. But once you get into your routine you will notice a huge difference in your endurance and your stamina. Good Luck.

I'm in the same boat, nothing fits, I'm miserable, I start every day with great intentions but it never goes the way I'd planned. I'm on myfitness pal, but find it takes so long to log my food since I cook from scratch that I tend to not fill it in - which is a shame as counting what I eat is the only thing that works for me.

set small goals
look at before after pics
have a goal outfit
try on clothes that are too tight and keep trying them to see the difference
have rewards for each goal you reach
have a big reward when you reach your final goal
use calculators and tools online like calorie counters, bmi, bmr e.t.c
read success stories
talk to other people who are also trying to lose weight
join a group online or IRL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online