How to decorate pub?

LeoTheLion

Reaction score
When we get married we are having a cheap & cheerful doo in our local country pub. Just after a bit if inspiration on how to decorate tables envy? Tia :)

If it's in a pub I'd stick to the natural wooden tables they presumably have rather than white table cloths, and don't go overboard on centrepieces. I actually think pub weddings can be some of the loveliest as a lot of old pubs have so much character!

-If there's a fireplace, make sure a fire is lit in the evening/all day if it's in winter or cold
-Small flowers or plants in silver bud vases dotted about the tables and surfaces, though not too many. I'd go for heather or something lovely and simple, though I'm also totally obsessed with the look dried roses have, which you could cut short for bud vases, and are miles cheaper than standard roses.
-Candles candles candles! Don't use the main pub light, they're often so unflattering. Instead, put as many candles out as you can, perhaps some oil lamps too because they give off more light. One thing I've been doing is buying old pastry moulds and using them as tea light holders because it's much cheaper than buying actual candle holders, and the look is striking! I have about 50 if you want to borrow some :haha:
-Fairy lights. My favourites are the ones that are a string of light bulbs, but any will look amazing. Drape them across the ceiling or just hang them across a wall. They always make things look magical.
-If it's a true country pub, white bunting can look lovely.

Do you have a theme or feel that you want to emulate?

I also wouldn't go overboard, like Emy says you don't want to spoil the character of the place. I would maybe have a bit if bunting (though I am obsessed) and some mismayched glass vases with little flowers in. It all depends on if you have a theme or anything xx

I agree with the other ladies! Don't go overboard if the pub has a lot of character already. I am in love with this idea and plan on doing some of these for my own wedding. Maybe you could use as centre pieces for your tables? It might tie in nicely with the feel of the pub.
https://thecolorfullivingproject.blogspot.co.uk/2011/05/spray-bottles-diy-project-part-one.html

We really just had balloons - lots of them - in the colours we used at the earlier reception and for bridesmaids' dresses etc. The pub was one with raised areas and little booths as well as open areas so the balloons were good because you could see them over the top of the screens/dividers. I loved that part of our wedding the best as it was informal and just really happy :)

Thankyou, yeah it's a proper country pub with a lovely garden :) I want a kind of hippy theme, very relaxed and natural so what you have all said sounds great.
I too love fairy lights so will defo be using them.
Thanks
Rachel C do you have any pics x

Of its a propper country pub some wild flowers in mismatched jam jars might work.

Hippy themes are the best kind of themes!

For some more 'out there' ideas you could:
-Have a wall with flowers and plants just cascading down (attached to chicken wire, and then have foliage and plants on top, lavender, heather, roses etc... You could even conver the ceiling like this if you wanted, which could look just amazing. You'd need to attach everything to the chicken wire in advance though, as it would take a few hours at least, so you'd have to use flowers that would last.
-One thing I'm doing to have a sort of hippy feel at my wedding is having a-frame tents like this: https://www.abeautifulmess.com/2012/08/make-your-own-a-frame-tent.html and draping it in persian rugs. Looks better than it sounds, honest! Persian rugs covering the floor also look cool, as do printed floor cushions, and have quite a hippy/festival vibe.
-I don't know what your plans for food are, but one thing I've seen done that looked good was having a wicker picnic hamper full of food on each table. Only works with cold picnic style food though.
Big round balloons with draping attached to them. I have these: https://www.notonthehighstreet.com/pearlandearl/product/supersize-90cm-big-balloons I'm not gonna be using the trim they show, I'm getting some fabric fringe sort of like https://www.etsy.com/listing/733278...to=GB&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet=fringe+trim and attaching that to them. You can also attach balloons to each other so that the trim draped across the room, or you could tie string to the balloon, and then tie flowers all along the string.

Sorry :blush:

We are having a pub reception. The walls are bare brick and the ceiling is all old beamed etc. We are having bunting along the beams, and are covering the tables to give it more of a wedding feel. Chair sashes but no chair covers, as the chairs are all odd etc and it'll look cooler without the stark white covers! We have got small centre pieces, candles etc (as said above, try battery ones) and then we are having low laying flower pieces on the table for a bit more decoration :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->