How to get pregnant? Whats the winning formula?

mandy1971

Reaction score
Hi girls,

I was wondering if you could share with me what you have done in the past in order to achieve your BFP?
I have been ttc for 16 months. Had a mc in april and then again more recently earlier this month:nope:
so it took 10 long months the first time. What did I do differently?

I had been using opk from tesco (£7 for 7), I had lost several pounds in weight(around 5pounds) and thats about it really, incidentally I was undergoing a very stressfull time at home and at work!

second time, I took pre conception vitamins, put on all said weight I'd previously lost (and a little more!), and was also using the tesco opk(I had obtained cheaper opk's from amazon since last mc in april, when compared to tesco's version, they were just not as reliable..), incidentally I took a wee notion for cinammon powder and was adding it to yogurts and anything else sweet tasting, my other half even added it to a curry one night by mistake!
Since reading some of the threads here I've been surprised to learn that honey and cinnamon are being used by some of you as an aid to conception.

well, I'm seriously contemplating buying a cbfm, in an attempt to save some money in the long term as I'm spending a small fortune on opk's! I'd love to hear some of your stories guys, and what your thoughts on the cbfm are as opposed to opk packs?:dust::dust:

meant to say we've been using concieve plus for a few months now, though did'nt use it the first time we concieved.

with all 4 of mine i never used,did anything ,just dtd but this time i have been doing everything and nothing works:shrug:so im going back to doing nothing,but i am thinking of ai this time.

hi i have been trying for 7 months after losing my little one and i did the opks checking cm and symptom spotting. i got quite obsessed with it and it was all i could think of. then 2 months ago i thought i cant do this anymore and i made myself relax and threw away anything to do with babies. i kept myself busy and we bd every other day nothing else!! and now im just under 4 weeks pregnant!! so that worked for me honey x

Minypeas,
well done! I'm becoming more geeky about this every month.
M x

Hi hun,

just wanted to throw in my to pennies worth. Since the beginning of ttc i have gone through several different periods where i have tried both downright weird and wonderful, investigating online, buying from ebay, reading books, swallowing pills and herbs etc etc you name i have most likely done it.

But i think, as the previous threads ascertain, that the minimalist approach works the best if not better than the full bhuna approach. I think the proof is in the pudding, i.e. most people seem to get pg that way - me included!

So now, its just me and my cbfm, a few cheapie opk's from ebay i use as back up and a generic prenatal i buy from tesco's or Asda. That's it.

if you want to know my opinion on the cbfm, i have to say it is pretty great. Its minimal fuss, no going cross eyed as with cheapies trying to interpret them. One pee in the morning and off you go. Its fairly reliable and in the long run not expensive when you take into account the hassle it takes out of it for you.

I bought mine on ebay which i got with sticks included. You can also bulk buy sticks on there (i have been told, so far to lazy too do it myself, lol) One box of sticks will usually last you 2 cycles. Im a great believer in it, but you have to go with what works for you :)

All the best and good luck, hun!

Omi xxx

reason being

Hi Omi,

the cbfm definately sounds like an investment. Hope that will be my winning formula.good luck and have some :dust::dust:
m xxx

This is my belief......We can do all sorts of things to try to conceive, but what it all boils down to is this....

Ruth 4:13, "...the Lord gave her conception..."

Didnt try anything with my last 4 boys, 4th one is 6mths and i was 40 when i had him, but want to try for my last and to be honest with my age im using the clearblue digi ov sticks this cycle just to try n hurry it up due to the fact im not getting any younger :haha:

Apart from that just try to relax, what will be will be :hugs:

hi i have been trying for 7 months after losing my little one and i did the opks checking cm and symptom spotting. i got quite obsessed with it and it was all i could think of. then 2 months ago i thought i cant do this anymore and i made myself relax and threw away anything to do with babies. i kept myself busy and we bd every other day nothing else!! and now im just under 4 weeks pregnant!! so that worked for me honey x

That sounds remarkably like me - I became obsessed after second mmc - to the point DH was really put off having :sex: because poor luv felt it was a means to an end rather than something we wanted to do. I got diagnosed with acute stress and told by my consultant to just let it go for a few months to let my mind and body relax and recover. So I did, we went away for our anniversary the following month, we knew it was D day (so to speak) but we just relaxed, had a little afternoon drink, had :sex: went to dinner etc and just enjoyed ourselves. After that weekend I decided I would get my body into better shape for conceiving and decided to go back to the gym. On the morning of my second workout a week later I realised it was AF day but nothing had happened (and im normally spot on) - got my remaining stick out, peed on it and BFP - and im currently typing this at 1.30 am because the little madam hasnt stopped kicking and that and the heartburn is keeping me awake! :happydance: We are now into 3rd tri and finally starting to believe we might actually have a baby this time.

I firmly believe it was the conscious decision to go with the flow and RELAX about it that made it happen after several months of stressed out obession over ttc. Obviously that doesnt work if there is an underlying cause but if there isnt - relaxation is the best thing - If the most difficult thing- to do. - Oh the only other thing I did was take a pregnacare vitamin and went back to doing Yoga (for stress relief)

Oh for reference im nearly 38

HTH

Mizze xx

I got my cbfm, just waiting on af to arrive to try my forst cycle. Found out last week I start IUI sometime around january.Hoping the cbfm does the job!
I'll keep you posted.xxxx

Hiya Mandy1971. I started ttc in Dec 09 and because I am same age as you I decided to throw absolutely everything at it. I did loads of research on and off the forums and found some very knowledgeable people on here, mostly American from what I recall. Its difficult to know whether anything in particular, all combined or none of it made a difference as I obviously didn't try au natural as it were but I think when 40 is beating a hasty path to your door then anything is worth a go as long as its not dangerous lol

So my list is such:

Agnus Castus (known as natures Clomid)
Royal Jelly
Honey (eaten)
Cinnamon (eaten)
Good quality pre natal vits (pregnacare plus with Omega fats)
Additional B vitamins (Mega B 50 Holland & Barratt)
Natural sunlight on a daily basis
Regular cardiovascular exercise
Stress reduction
Lots of fresh fruit and veg
Low dose aspirin (this was due to mc but I wouldn't necessarily advocate this without medical backup)
Raspberry leaf capsules (tones uterus)
i was about to try Preseed when I got my BFP

There may even be a few more that I have forgotten about. My history was MMC years before, fibroids, ovarian cysts and advancing age of 37 and a half
- it didn't look particularly promising. I used cheap OPK sticks from ebay which worked very well and we dtd every other day throughout the month and every day during O time. We did this for four cycles and I was gutted each time it didn't work so I decided to order some preseed and in the meantime put it on the back burner (still taking all the above mentioned but not bothering about regimenting the deed - the day I thought O was due I don't even think we did it, just bd when the mood took us) Anyhow that was the month it happened and I was so not taking any notice that af was almost a week late before I even realised. The pregnancy was textbook (I took aspirin until 34 weeks) and my beautiful little boy is now nine months. Since then using all the above again (but not regimenting the deed & making it a chore) I have conceived twice, sadly lost my third pregnancy at seven weeks but am again pregnant and due in April. Take from this what you will, I wish you and everyone else out there ttc over 35 lots of babydust:dust:

Did nothing with my older 3 because that was 17yrs ago, with my last LO who is 6mths to be honest went out on a night out with dh and got totally drunk :haha: Bingo!! Had him 2wk after my 40th :thumbup:

Good luck sweetie xx

Hiya Mandy1971. I started ttc in Dec 09 and because I am same age as you I decided to throw absolutely everything at it. I did loads of research on and off the forums and found some very knowledgeable people on here, mostly American from what I recall. Its difficult to know whether anything in particular, all combined or none of it made a difference as I obviously didn't try au natural as it were but I think when 40 is beating a hasty path to your door then anything is worth a go as long as its not dangerous lol

So my list is such:

Agnus Castus (known as natures Clomid)
Royal Jelly
Honey (eaten)
Cinnamon (eaten)
Good quality pre natal vits (pregnacare plus with Omega fats)
Additional B vitamins (Mega B 50 Holland & Barratt)
Natural sunlight on a daily basis
Regular cardiovascular exercise
Stress reduction
Lots of fresh fruit and veg
Low dose aspirin (this was due to mc but I wouldn't necessarily advocate this without medical backup)
Raspberry leaf capsules (tones uterus)
i was about to try Preseed when I got my BFP

There may even be a few more that I have forgotten about. My history was MMC years before, fibroids, ovarian cysts and advancing age of 37 and a half
- it didn't look particularly promising. I used cheap OPK sticks from ebay which worked very well and we dtd every other day throughout the month and every day during O time. We did this for four cycles and I was gutted each time it didn't work so I decided to order some preseed and in the meantime put it on the back burner (still taking all the above mentioned but not bothering about regimenting the deed - the day I thought O was due I don't even think we did it, just bd when the mood took us) Anyhow that was the month it happened and I was so not taking any notice that af was almost a week late before I even realised. The pregnancy was textbook (I took aspirin until 34 weeks) and my beautiful little boy is now nine months. Since then using all the above again (but not regimenting the deed & making it a chore) I have conceived twice, sadly lost my third pregnancy at seven weeks but am again pregnant and due in April. Take from this what you will, I wish you and everyone else out there ttc over 35 lots of babydust:dust:

Bluetattoo,
thats wonderful news. Thankyou for your input on the thread..I hope you are having a lovely stress free pregnancy.
Af arrived yest so watch this space with the cbfm!
I am going abroad for a family wedding for 2 weeks in december(without dp, he has to work :) I will probably ovulate just before i get back, but I've worked out I'll probably be able to test for 2 cycles before that. I'm booked in for iui in January, it would be amazing to reach this goal on our own though, and achieve our little sticky bean.
Keep you posted on it all through this thread xxx

Having a nine month old whos just starting to take his first steps means I don't get much time to think about being pregnant and the time is flying by. Good luck with the CBFM, lets hope this is the thing that swings it for you and you end up on holiday already preggers :) Good to know that the AI is booked anyway. PMA!! xxx

(ps another two things I forgot on my endless list were EPO from CD1 to O and making dh take conception vits lol)

Ya know every time I see this thread I just want to say
"well when two people REALLY like each other"
LOL
I heard a docotor give the advice that you should bd every other day for your entire cycle.
You could always make an appointment and ask them to run some blood work!

Having had an unsucessful year this year, TTC practically on the dot of OV every month, I started taking maca and royal jelly last cycle. Also I lost a stone, got fit and eat mainly organic as well as using all organic toiletries. Anyhow dtd 2 times, completely miscalculated OV and still got a shock BFP!!! Good luck to you hun

I was temping and using opks and noticed that I wasn't getting much EWCM, but otherwise my cycle was fine, so I started taking EPO capsules. The second month taking them I noticed an increase in EWCM and we BD on the first day of the positive opk.
That's all it took to get Gabriel.
Temping, opk's, EPO, and BD the once.
And a prenatal vit every day starting a month before starting to ttc.

Forgot to say I had just started accupuncture again

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->