How to go dairy free?

For lunch we had blueberry pancakes made with coconut milk, they were delicious :) also loving almond chocolate milk!

Found a seeded bread with no dairy in.

I forgot to mention most waitrose own brand breads are dairy and soya free, as are some tesco brand ones. Polish bread which most large supermarkets sell now is also in almost all cases dairy and soya free. Good luck! Xx

Thank you, I was thrilled that Tescos own brand bourbons are good to go lol.

Items that say "MAY contains traces of milk" are these ok? I'm assuming this is from contamination and not actually in the ingredients?

Yes it's usually just they are made in the same factory as products that have milk ingredients, it's really just a way of covering their back legally. The one 'may contain traces of milk' product we have had problems with, is burger buns. My 6 year old still has a milk allergy and ended up very wheezy and itchy after having burger buns that said this on the packaging, it has happened twice now. Other things that say 'may contain traces...' he is totally ok with. He is totally ok with sesame seeds so that wasn't the issue. Also while people say butter ghee is ok because all the proteins should have been removed during the manufacturing process there are sometimes traces of milk in it as it's not always manufactured 100% correctly. If you want a nice guaranteed dairy free ghee alternative the tiana coconut butter with omega 3 is great, pricey but you're not going to use much at once xx

Brilliant thank you, I will try to avoid them while I'm in the elimination stage but will hopefully add them back in in a couple of weeks perhaps.

I'm finding it ok so far, only problem is eating out, I should have gone out for a meal with family last night but I declined due to not knowing what to order.....!

Most chain restaurants are pretty accommodating. Although not an eat out place, just wanted to warn you that Dominos have recently put milk in all their bases and puddings. Papa John and Pizza Hut their bases and sauces as well as potato wedges and in Papa John the special garlic sauce, are all dairy free. McDonalds they have a few options as well xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->