How to stop dizziness

Miss_Bump

Reaction score
I keep getting dizzy and faint headed.
Happened again this morning in sainsburys. I had to squat on the floor in the frozen section to stop myself passing out. Also I had a horrendous headache after which I've never had before.

Anyone know how to avoid these?
I'd eaten normal breakfast and had a drink etc
xx

Hiya, sorry i dont no how to stop them but just wanted to sympathise with you, this used to happen a lot with my first pregnancy and it always seemed to happen in a shop, i remember a couple of times it was like i was blacking out and i couldnt see a thing, they just seem to go away themselves but i never new how to stop it from happening,

I would always have eaten as well but it still happened, anyway sorry i cant help but hope your ok :hugs:

I had a couple of episodes like this in the last couple of weeks, I think it may be because I was too hot. I had a cold coke, not great I know but I don't drink them very often and felt better afterwards. Im wondering if it could be low blood sugar, I'm going to ask my midwife when I see her.

It can be a sign of low blood pressure, i have been ahving this alot and my blood ressure is a bit low, been told to up mny fluids, rest a bit more. Eat sensible and take time getting up and moving round. To remember im gone 6 months pregnant now 16 again lol x

hey hun, ive fainted and had loads of dizzy spells i cant stand up without feeling dizzy! Ive got very low blood pressure so im assuming thats why. I was told to make sure i wear layers of clothing so i can just take things off if i get too hot, not to overheat, esp in the shower, make sure im drinking loads, eating small n at regular intervals, not standing up too quickly and to sit down putting my head between my knees regardless of where i am lol hope that helps! x

I get these from time to time and they seem to be getting worse.. I've been told my blood pressure is fine and my iron count is really good so I know it's not this.... I can only attribute them to the bright fluorescent lights of shops and my work place. Whenever I stand in a shop like tescos I tend to start getting light headed followed by silver spots in front of my eyes. so far I've managed to sit down before I've completly passed out but I know that it's the bright lights that are causing this for me more than anything else.

I think i will have it for all my pregnancy but I'm hoping it goes away afterwards.

Hope this helps :)

xx

This happens to me aswell but mainly when I'm at work.. I think the reason it only happens at work is because I'm on my feet all day

I found it helped to keep something sugary on me at all times.. I always keep a bottle of water with me but I started keeping a bottle of doctor pepper and something sugary like jelly babies close by for when I feel faint and it really helps!!

I also find it helps if I sit down and don't stand up to quickly!!!
xxxxx

This has happened to me twice, to the point where I KNOW I would've blacked out if I had not been home and able to lay down. Once was in the first trimester, not sure what the cause was, and the second time was last week after I got home from a birthday party where I was in a HOT house for several hours and forgot to drink anything...had to lay down on my kitchen floor for a while and it was so scary- I was alone with my kids and a friends kids too.

Even when I'm not having a spell of it, I still feel woozy and dizzy all the time, even when I eat regular meals and drink lots. My midwife has chalked it up to pregnancy, but I wish there was a better explanation!

hi hun didnt want to read and run ,i think it could be down to low blood pressure also ask your midwife to check for u next time u have a visit with her,

i suffered very low blood pressure on my second son to a point where i blacked out and fell on the floor in my bank lol i felt terrible and was take to hospital where i was told i had low blood pressure,

not much they can do for it im afraid apart from drink lots ,dont get up to fast and eat little but often .....

im also starting to get light headed again and feels like im having the low blood pressure again as i feel total rubbish today ,,,,,

hope it passes for u soon hun not nice when it happens xxxxx

my blood pressure is very low, and its caused me to have bad headaches and dizzyness since i was around 5 weeks pregnant, the midwife told me to just sit on the floor when it happens, so you did the right thing, hope you feel well soon :)

hi hun, this happens to me also, but my bp is low. just take it easy. i find if i sit down with head between my knees it helps. i also eat a snack just incase it is low blood sugar. take care. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->