How to switch formula?

sheeps24

A mummy!
Reaction score
Hey ladies my lo is 7 weeks old and on sma milk. At her 6 week checkup the doctor said she might have a slight viral infection and for the past few weeks shes not being eating right she starts crying half way through a feed and cant finish the full amount. I mentioned it to the HV and she said to maybe consider switching formula if it dosent get any better. She seems in pain so i dont know if shes getting tummy ache. How do you go about switching can you just switch or do you have to do something specific?

I would just switch in this situation.

If say you were moving from a formula that your baby got on with to another formula (eg first milk to follow-on milk if you wanted to switch for whatever reason) then I would say do it gradually so baby gets used to it. But as your lo might not be getting on with her current milk anyway then I would say there is no harm just changing stright away. xxx

Do you think its an allergy/reflux? as pain is a classic sign. If so changing to a 'cows milk based' different formula wouldnt make any difference x

You can just do a straight switch. I'd try a cow's milk based one that has the protiens broken down for easier digestion first (I think it's called "comfort milk" there?) and then go from there. If she is still having problems (give it a good week at least though, unless she's having major problems) you'll have to talk to the HV again about possibly trying a hypoalergenic formula or a reflux medication if it seems like the problem is GERD. Is she really gassy?

I had an issue with aptamil and LO was being sick constantly we switched to SMA straight away and he was so much better xx

We switched from aptamil first to aptamil comfort for colic/constipation as she was colicky and seemed very uncomfortable.

We switched straight away and LO was fine.

Sara

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->