How to tell kids?

mom and ttc

Reaction score
Last time my daughter was a baby and didn't think about telling her a special way. My kids are 6 and almost 4. How and when should we tell them. Any cute ideas?

I told my daughter directly. I showed her my scan photo and she now points to her belly when I ask where baby is lol.

we asked our daughter what her two friends have that she doesn't have. her response was 'bunk beds!!'. So we asked why they had bunk beds. and she went 'because they have a brother and sister' so we said 'so what do you think you're going to have?' and she went 'A BUNK BED' :haha: it was brilliant.

I'm in the same boat, I had 3 kids one year after each other so they were babies when the next was born.

This time I have a 5,4 and 2.5 year old, the older 2 keep saying Iv got a fat belly and it looks like there's a baby in there haha I'm dying to tell them but waiting a few more weeks!

I would like to know that as well. My DB has two sons with his previous relationship they are 12 and 11. So this will be a little difficult, because them and the baby will be so far apart. I am thinking of waiting until after first trimester. But don't know if that would be too late cause I would start showing. But his one son wants the empty bedroom so it's something that we are going to have to tell sooner rather then later, but I'm still so early. 3 to 4 weeks.

Personally! I told my daughter at 5 weeks. And 4 weeks later I had a miscarriage. Explaining that to a 4 year old is incredibly difficult. So in future, I will be waiting until after the 1st trimester.

That said, my friend's mum had a miscarriage with her 4th when I was about...9. And I could fully understand it. So with older children it should be ok :) Also, I didn't really start showing until about 28 weeks with my first lol. By around 20 weeks I had a little bit of a belly, but it wasn't hugely obvious.

Good luck ladies! Hope you have happy and healthy pregnancies :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->