How will you tell him?

sleepinbeauty

WTT#1 after marriage
Reaction score
How are you going to tell OH? I want to do something cute but not over-done and cheesy...what about you guys?

Good question :D wana see more answers tho!! My OH will be with me all the way (inc. there wen testing etc.) I would quite like to just suprise him one day but as it is kinda planned then it wont be a suprise!! I would like to announce it on his birthday or valentines day tho, dont know wot the chances of that are but gives me sumthin to aim for! I'd like to subtly hint at being positive (not sure how to spell subtly!)
Leigh xx

I havent thought about this before. as we'll have made a conscious decision to TTC i dont think it will come as a massive surprise to him. But i do want to do all the pregnancy tests etc on my own, then if i do get a BFP, i'm not sure what i'd do next - certainly wouldnt text or tell him over the phone it would have to be face to face...gonna have to think about how i'm gonna break the news! xx

I've struggled with this myself. DH and I have actually been TTC for 8 months now, and I have thought about it a lot!!! I want to do something creative... not a huge deal since we are planning it. He has expressed several months ago that he is excited to be a dad, but scared @#$%less. So several months ago I went to BabiesRus and bought him a book, The Expectant Father. I figured Whatever I did or said I could throw that into the mix. I would LOVE some creative ideas!!!!!

Oh I know what Im doing!!Last time I just sat him down and told him!
Ive got a maternity t shirt that says 'High Heeled and Pregnant' on the front.So I'm going to tell him to meet me for lunch then when I arrive I'll be wearing some form of high heel (obviously some trousers too) and the t shirt....x

Oh I know what Im doing!!Last time I just sat him down and told him!
Ive got a maternity t shirt that says 'High Heeled and Pregnant' on the front.So I'm going to tell him to meet me for lunch then when I arrive I'll be wearing some form of high heel (obviously some trousers too) and the t shirt....x

hehe thats brilliant!! I'll be boring now, I will have OH with me when I take the test, well I'll make him stay outside while I pee but when we find out he'll be with me lol

xxx

I'll probably just jump on him and tell him hehe. We'll probably test together anyway!

Will be more exciting telling the grandparents, i'm going to get bibs saying I love Grandma/Grandad :)

I'd say, give him a little box with like a pacifier inside and have the tag say "we're expecting" or something like that. That would be pretty cheesy though.

I'd say, give him a little box with like a pacifier inside and have the tag say "we're expecting" or something like that. That would be pretty cheesy though.

Very cute though. Nothing wrong with a little bit of cheesy :)

my hubby loves his cars so id get one of those window stickers u get from mothercareor sumwhere else that say mum to be on board and the dad to be on board and stick them in the rear window b4 he washes it (at home) and wait for him to spot one of them while he polishes it! id keep it a surprise until then!
i doubt we wuld keep the signs up but id watch to see his face!

Yeah, I'm a pretty cheesy person, though!

Oh,the car thing is a good idea, especially if your OH likes to be around his car. (my oh def. does). GOOD idea!

Ok so mine might sound a little cheesy but DH loves A&W burgers, he normally orders a mozza burger but I'd surprise him with lunch or dinner and he'll open up the bag and see the papa burger. He'll know right away :)

they are all great ideas! id def make it personal to ur own partner if u dont do the test with him!

he love u for the effort u put into it!
if u think emn who propose put in alot of thought so we can at least make these occassions that little more special if we can.

Great ideas, ladies! I have no idea WHAT I'm going to do but I love being cheesy about this kind of thing lol

Hubby will be there the whole time and know I'm buying the test, peeing on it, and will see the result with me. ~shrug~ Boring, I know.

I think some of your ideas are really cute!

My OH will be with me when I test (probably in the bathroom when I pee on the stick if he has his way :rofl: !) I just couldn't have a "feeling" and not tell him straight away.

I think it will be so lovely to see that line appear together.....I can't wait.

I do often think how we will tell my parents though as they will be over the moon and we don't just want to say "oh, we are having a baby.....who is for tea?!!!" :lol:

xxx

Aww some of these ideas are so lovely:happydance:

I have no idea really. OH doesn't live with me, so chances are that he wouldn't be with me when I first test. I think I would text him and tell him that I need to talk to him urgently, so could he meet me at the bus station..Don't ask LOL! And then I'd give him a handmade card with "Daddy" on the front, and "Looks like you're off to buy that blanket now!" inside! :cloud9:

I said the first thing he had to do when we found out, was go to Mothercare and get the baby a blanket :happydance: Oh, I so can't wait! xx

I told my DH in the evening.. showed the test. He didn't believe it, as it was a cheap test but then he decided to drink half a bottle of wine!!! LOL

I told my mum, who is a midwife, after the 12wk scan... took a photo of the can picture and then sent it to her... saying 'what do you think of my first ever picture nana?'

We just told everyone else by phone... somepeople did keyrings, there was a thread in First Tri a little while a go about ideas...

im just going to tell him hes my baby daddy now. he'll probably get confused, so i'll have to either explain or give him the test haha

I'm going to get a shirt made for my son to wear that says "I'm going to be a big brother." I will make sure he is wearing it when he either A) runs up to greet daddy at the door when he gets home, or B) daddy picks him up at daycare. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->