How would you describe your Morning Sickness?

HayleyJA

Mum to April and Esther
Reaction score
I realise there are a couple of MW threads bobbing around at the moment but I just wanted your help in answering a question. I was trying to describe to my husband how I felt...

- I don't feel like I need to run to the toilet (and I haven't been sick so far)
- There is no particular food that turns my stomach
- There is no particular food that makes me feel better
- It's not like a faint/hunger feeling

The closet thing I could liken it to was a motion sickness of sorts where I just have waves of feeling 'bleurgh'

So can tell me how you feel so I can try to explain to OH with a bit more accuracy than I've been able to so far!

Happy and Healthy Pregnancies to all of you... :dust:

(For info, I'm currently somewhere around the 7/8 week mark and have been feeling ill for about a week. This is baby number 2 - my first was a girl, and I don't ever remember feeling this horrible!)

With my first my morning sickness was like a constant urge to puke. I'd eat breakfast and then five minutes later it'd come back up. I'd get off the train and barf en route to work. All day i'd feel nauseous to the point of throwing up.

This time I have nothing?xx

Mine was like I had a hangover, without the fun part to cause it. Everything made me feel yuck, until I could think of that ONE thing that would be good to eat, and I'd have to eat that.

I feel hungover.. but funny you should mention motion sickness because mine is usually triggered by the drive to work in the morning!

mine only happens when i dont eat..

if i dont eat breakfast my stomach will start twisting and turning..

the sight of ground beef made me throw up..

comes and goes tho!

Mine's a constant nausea that gets worse when I get very hungry. It started this week and initially only came on from midday onwards; the last couple days it's been from morning til night though.
Haven't upchucked yet, but came close when my cat threw up in front of me! It's not waves of nausea, just a constant presence...

Mine's a constant nausea that gets worse when I get very hungry. It started this week and initially only came on from midday onwards; the last couple days it's been from morning til night though.
Haven't upchucked yet, but came close when my cat threw up in front of me! It's not waves of nausea, just a constant presence...

That sounds the closest to how I'd describe mine too - a constant nausea. Just had a quick skim over your blog too - congrats on the recent wedding and sorry you've had a few worries over recent weeks. Hope things settles down nicely for you soon.

x x x

That sounds the closest to how I'd describe mine too - a constant nausea. Just had a quick skim over your blog too - congrats on the recent wedding and sorry you've had a few worries over recent weeks. Hope things settles down nicely for you soon.

x x x

aww, thanks :thumbup: you're probably only the 2nd person to read it! Can't believe this time last month we had no idea I was pregnant!!
Just had lovely bowl of pasta and pesto which helped the nausea slightly recede - a sort of acid taste is never too far from the back of my throat though...
Hope your pg is going well xx

This is the funnnist thing i have heard in so long!! Poor kitty :thumbup:

I feel hungover.. but funny you should mention motion sickness because mine is usually triggered by the drive to work in the morning!

Oddly enough I haven't been sick before or after my keep up to date with work day. But the one day I went into work to catch up I threw up after the bus ride? And I am usally able to ride buses and drive the car fine? Strange lol.xxx

This is the funnnist thing i have heard in so long!! Poor kitty :thumbup:

Poor kitty?! She was running around after her ball two minutes later while I had to clear it up then sat on the sofa trying not to heave! :haha: (hubby was at the pub) It was the smell more than anything else....:sick: !!

I'd describe mine as a pain in the ass!!! Its nausea from the time I wake up until I go to sleep. I don't throw up, I'm just really nauseous. My mouth waters, I don't feel like eating, sometimes when I eat I get full really easily which makes me more nauseous. I have foods I can't eat...like chocolate...and no cravings for anything in particular. My nose is REALLY sensitive and certain smells make me nauseous.

With Noah I was fine but ever since I said I was fine the other day, I have just been totally put off by food. I just feel constantly sick and then when I go into the kitchen or even smell food it makes it worse. Bit like a hangover than (promise I have been drinking!!) It is not nice at ALL!

mine starts about an hour before getting up... after i have been up and moving around 10 or 15 minutes i throw up...and feel really queasy...later in the morning i feel a little like i can eat... try to put something little down. ill feel queasy again until early afternoon when i feel like if i dont eat something, i will get nauseous again. then i eat a little something again... and by late afternoon i am miserable all the way until bedtime. just tell your husband it is like hell lol.

Mine has just started a few days ago... It is like im craving something really badly, so all my insides feel 'sick'. If I dont eat for a while I start to feel nauseous but I havent actually been sick yet. I seem to have burps which i never got before I was pregnant!

With Daisy my only way to explain it to R was it was like being dangled from my feet upside down on the edge of a speedboat :sick:

This time, and with Alex I was completely fine, which has me thinking we're having a :blue: x

Mine felt like a hangover from weeks 6-8.

I haven't thrown up but I have been very very nauseous at times and occasionally unable to eat.

Lots of aversions and cravings for me (NO chicken, mushrooms, broccoli, chocolate, or coffee. . .but LOVING salad, fruit, smoothies, and hamburgers).

Some days you just feel 'woozy'. . .

Mine felt like a hangover from weeks 6-8.

I haven't thrown up but I have been very very nauseous at times and occasionally unable to eat.

Lots of aversions and cravings for me (NO chicken, mushrooms, broccoli, chocolate, or coffee. . .but LOVING salad, fruit, smoothies, and hamburgers).

Some days you just feel 'woozy'. . .

i cant do chicken or mushroom either! which sucks they were 2 of my most loved, most eaten foods! i also cant do gauacamole anymore :cry:

Sometimes it feels like motion sickness, just feeling nauseous etc. A lot of the time it's like I have a stomach bug and yup I'm running for the toilet :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->