How would you feel?

LikeAVause

Reaction score
I'm nearly 12 weeks pregnant with my fourth child. My sister had her first baby yesterday morning. I've been keeping my pregnancy a secret as I didn't want to steal her "glory" or whatever but I'm getting a noticeable bump now and I want to tell her before someone else says something to me or she guesses and then wonders why I didn't tell her. I thought of being cute and talking to the baby asking her if she wanted a baby cousin to play with etc etc instead of just coming out with oh hey, we're expecting. I don't want to tell the family yet because I want her to enjoy the baby moon without comments made on me. I feel like I need her approval to say I can let them know after my scan (in 2 weeks) would you tell your sister? How would you feel if your sister told you days after the birth of your first that she was expecting? We are really close and I live just across the road from her.

I think I'd keep quiet for as long as you can. Then tell her in a few weeks and explain entirely honestly (to her first) why you kept the secret

I think I'd keep quiet for as long as you can. Then tell her in a few weeks and explain entirely honestly (to her first) why you kept the secret

That's the thing. I don't know how much longer I can keep it a secret. My kids are noticing and once they know everyone will know.

I wouldn't tell her earlier, it will just give her more to deal with keeping it a secret when she already has a lot on.

Either tell everyone now or after the scan. Is there any reason you think she'd guess before the rest of the family?

I wouldn't tell her earlier, it will just give her more to deal with keeping it a secret when she already has a lot on.

Either tell everyone now or after the scan. Is there any reason you think she'd guess before the rest of the family?

I see her everyday. Sometimes multiple times. I'm going to be at her house a lot over the next 6 weeks helping her out (I'm going everyday) as she had a c section in the end, I think she'll notice. My bump isn't small and isn't well hidden. I don't own a big wardrobe and I am trying to buy things to cover it up but I really struggle to buy myself anything as I feel it's better spent elsewhere (hence the small wardrobe)

I think you should tell her, and then ask her what she wants you to do - whether she'd like you to stay quiet or tell everyone - especially as you are close. It's a shame that you couldn't have done it earlier, before she gave birth, but I"m sure she'll just be happy for you! Congratulations to you and your sister! You're parents will be over the moon!!

I think tell her . You sound close and I'm sure she will be as happy for you as you are for her . I'm ne of 5 sisters and I don't think I'd care tbh . I'd be so over the moon with my new arrival .

I would think it best to tell her. If you are close even a more reason to tell her. Explain you are telling her because you want her to hear it from you but that you are not announcing it to everyone so you dont ruin her spotlight. She will get it. As a sister myself, I would be more hurt that you didn't feel you could be honest with me and hid it from me.

I wouldn't have felt anything negative if my sister had told me she was pregnant shortly after I gave birth. It would have been exciting! Of course, everyone has a different opinion about things and you know your sister best..

I would be excited for us to have children close in age, I wish my sister would have some kids, lol.

I don't really see how you being pregnant takes away from your sister just having a baby. I would tell her and everyone else! The more the merrier as far as family members go!

If I was your sister is be excited to have babies close in age and in the same school year etc it wouldn't bother me in the slightest someone announcing their pregnancy just after I'd had my DS. That said I'd wait a couple of days for her to get out of hospital and ask her if she'd like you to wait before announcing it to anyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->