How would you feel.....?

Rachiebaby24

Reaction score
How would you feel if everyone hated the name you wanted for your baby.....???

I really really like the name Russo for a boy... (pronounced Ru-so) and I know it is unusual but my mum and sister HATE it they actually said its disgusting!.....haven't broached it to my OH yet cos im scared but he has said that I have full rights over the baby's name as the baby's middle name is my OH's name and the baby will have my OH's surname....I have gone through lots of names that I like but no-one likes any of the names I like and this is one I really really like

So how would you feel....?

He's your baby, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks!!! I think it's a nice name! :hugs:

Personnally....As long as me and OH liked it i wouldnt care....only problem i had was getting OH to like it...:dohh:

BY the way i love it.....very orginal :) XXX

Yeah, weeks ago my MIL said no to my full list of names except for the ones I wasn't too keen on like Brad and Zack. I got rid of list and now I wish I hadn't. I keep letting myself be out off by other people and also if I knew someone in past with a particular name then it puts me against it if I didn't like them. Cos I've travelled round a fair bit I've met loads of people with diff names and have now decided that my baby will have whichever name we choose and bugger anyone who doesn't like it.

i think russo is a lovely name!!

stuff what other people think! your the one who made this baby, who has to carry him for 40weeks and has to care for him for the next ??teen years!!!

please dont choose a name what others like, you WILL regret it! trust me!

it really pisses me off how rude some people can be! grrr wether it be your mum, sister or the nosey old bat down the road. its totally yours and OH choice.

explain to your mum that you really like the name and is sticking with it. so in a nice way say 'get used to it!'

sorry if im coming across abit angry...ive had to put up with this kind of thing through-out 3 pregnancys and im still getting nagged by my gran that she prefers olivia! grrrrrr:hissy:

My mam and dad hated Seth as a name for our baby, and it did upset me and I considered changing it. But I loved the name so much that in the end I thought 'bugger them, its my baby' sort of thing.

It doesn't matter what they think of the name now - when your baby is here it wont matter to them what he's called :)

xxx

I like the name.

What does your OH think of it?

My DH & I will decide together on a name for our little one (if we can ever agree!!!) and won't tell anyone any of our possibles until baby is born and we give him or her a name! It's your baby, your choice. You will never find a name that everyone likes or approves of.....it's a personal decision and everyone will have their opinion.

As long as you and your OH can agree you both like it then go with it!!

I don't think Russo is a strange name, unique but not strange, I like it!
As long as you and OH both feel comfortable with it then that's all that matters. Once your lil one gets here his/her name will be the least of your family's concerns because they will be too excited!

Afew people like the name i want for my lo and some dont even my oh doesnt like it much but i dont care lol I think Zane is a great name and hes been in my body and will be coming out of me so stuff them hahaha

I like the name.

What does your OH think of it?

QUOTE]

I know it sounds silly but because everyone hates it im scared to tell him because im sure he is going to hate it too.....

He told me the other day that he doesnt mind what name I choose as the baby will be having his surname and middle name but im sure if he reallly hated it he would step up and say so....

I'm in the same position hun. My family hate the name we have chosen. TBH i don't care me and other half love the name and as far as i am concerned thats all that matters.

EVERYONE hates my name, Penelope. So I came up with another one I like (Anastasia) and they all hate that one too. Can't win.

I have only met one person who likes Astrid as a name if we have a girl. Sod them all though cause we both love it!

Dont worry about it speak to your OH as you will feel so much better if he likes the name :)

What other people think doesent matter at all, but you should tell your OH, tbh, he is the only one who can object to the name with good reason.
I personally think its a lovley name for a little boy.

i really dont give a flying shit what people will think of the names i pick, this is my baby and they can get stuffed, lol.

It's totally up to you what you call your LO as long as you and OH agree! We have had alot of screwed up faces when telling people our chosen boys name, and at first it did make me feel like I should change it but it's a name that we both love and will definity be sticking to it! xxx

I think thats a gorgeous name hun!!

Whenever ive mentioned the name Mia if my bump is pink, everyone has turned their nose up apart from my dad!! To the point where it made me think twice about if i actually wanted that name for my LO if its a girl, then i thought sod them, its my LO i will call it what i like!!

If you & your OH like it, then have it!
It's your baby, nobody else's.
So what if they don't like it, it's not their choice :)

you call your baby what you want sweetie! i actually like the name you have chosen - very different!

i have chosen Noah if i have a boy (yellow bump) and my mum actually told me to me face it was revolting and disgusting! but we do have a terrible relationship so i guess she would have said that about any name i chose!!!!

Christine
X

you call your baby what you want sweetie! i actually like the name you have chosen - very different!

i have chosen Noah if i have a boy (yellow bump) and my mum actually told me to me face it was revolting and disgusting! but we do have a terrible relationship so i guess she would have said that about any name i chose!!!!

Christine
X

I LOVE Noah but my OH wouldnt have any of it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->