How would you feel.....?

My parents told me that Lola-Rose is a name for a hooker...

Don't listen what other people say.If you like it,pitch it to your OH and if both of you like it-Russo it is!:D

I personally love the Russo, how cool.

This is probably why people used to just name the babies after they were born. Instead of "what do you think of the name Russo" it's "Look it's a boy and his name Russo!!!"

I like the name, its original without being waaay out there:)

This is exactly why I'm keeping my baby name list unknown. The only opinion that matters is DH (and he'll probably be the hardest to please) so I don't want negative feedback. I figure once the name is on the birth certificate, on the really ballsy (or ignorant) would give negative feedback. :)

russo rocks!!! i love it! - id totally ignore what other people say. when i was having my second son there was a name that i really loved and wanted to call him but everyone hated it and in the end i went for a different name which wasnt no where near as nice as the one i wanted. my sons 8 now and to this day i regret it and dont really like the name he has:hissy::hissy:!!!

I really like the name Jasmine for a girl. I absolutely love it, and had my heart set on Jasmine for a girl, but Oh is boring and is suggesting real common names, I like unusual names. I also love the name Ava but he hates that too. It's quite upset as since I was like 12 i've had my heart set on such things for baby when I had one. But I cant have them, because we both have to agree. Its upsetting, I know how you feel.

I think it's lovely hun - really unusual. I have the same thing now and when I was PG with DS. MIL hated Kylan and she was convinced we would never name him that - but that just makes me more determined. Now, my middle name for a girl is Ileyna - adapted from Eileen who was DH nan and most people I say it to think it's horrible - tough I like it and thats what I want it to be!

It's your baby, not theirs! Name him whatever you please!:D

I dont really care what other people think of my names, aslong as they wont be bullied by the name :lol: then its nobody elses buisness. OH and I havent told anyone our names really, so nobody can comment :)

they will get used to it i think its really cute

i think that you should do what u want if u want that name use it, your family and friends will just have to get used to it, it is not there choice to make it is yours. and also i think russo is a really cute name!

I think the name is lovely, and shame on them for being so silly about a name. Zach (my OH) really wants Spencer for a boy, it's really growing on me, but my sister really dislikes it. I've told her to keep her mouth shtum lol. Hmmm....

Personal choice sweetheart <3

sod them babe! :D You baby, your choice! I love the name btw :D
they will learn to love the name x

I think it's a good name too. I'm all for the unusual. Unless the name was something like Knob and there was a really obvious reason why everyone would hate it I would stick to your guns. Of course you do want a name your OH can live with too!

People are weird about the two names we've picked. They're just lacking in imagination!

I know EXACTLY how you feel. My husband and I had a name picked out for the longest time, we were going to name our son Lucius. Now that we actually have a boy on the way, people started telling us what they thought of it.
"It sounds evil."
"It sounds like the devil"
"It reminds me of Harry Potter"
"It sounds like a dogs name" WTF? Ever heard of a dog named Lucius?

Anyhoo, so now that I've heard nothing but negative we started to second guess it ourselves, and now we aren't using it. Even though that was the only name we wanted.

Hope you can stick to your guns and have the name you want! And good luck with your hubby!

I love the name, its fab and is really unique - not strange

My parents didnt really like the name my sister picked for her little boy - Seth. They didnt say its horrible but they did raise an eyebrow. My sister stuck to her guns and he's sooooooo a Seth!!!! And they agree and really like it too.
When I told them our name my Dad said 'you cant call her that - it sounds like 'Ebay'!!!' They are half joking but we dont care - we love the name Hebe so sod what anyone else thinks!!

Russo sounds cool. x

Russo just sounds SO hip! :coolio:

I really wanted to call a little girl Star but noone else would have it. :(

You stick to your guns hon, I'm sure your OH is a bit more with it than your parents. :D

Russo is a great name hun, original but not too wacky, I think it's pretty cool. Sod what others think, as it's not their baby, so not their decision.
I def think you should discuss it with your OH and see what he thinks. His opinion is the only one worth listening to though. If anybody else says anything nasty about the name, you should just :ignore:
xx

its all about weird and wonderfull names these days ... just look at the celebrity babies ...like apple harlow kingston hip names are soooo in!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->