How young is too young to start trying?

Nobody can say that a Mum aged 30 is a better mum than a Mum who is 20. I think it depends on the indiviual and her development.
Never in a million yrs I would have considered having a baby at 18/19 or 20. I wanted to finish my education, I wanted to be married and I wanted to have lived life a bit and grow up a bit. lol
When we started to TTC I was 23, we were married for nearly 6 months and we both REALLY wanted this (which is pretty important in my eyes too, that both want it) and I just finished college. It was the perfect time for me.

I defo think that girls should finish their education and then consider having children. I know a few mum's who had their children early and struggled to go back into education and I know a few who didn't bother at all and just kept having children.

(This is my personal opinion)

OH and I are planning on NTNP this summer; he'll be 19, and I'm 18.
We won't be officially TTC until next summer though, when I'll be 19 and he'll be 20.
He's going to be an E5 in about a year and a half, once he's done with A-School and C-School for the Navy, making enough money to support him and myself. We feel that we're very mature, and taking steps to strengthen our futures.

Really though, it all depends on the person/couple.
Everyone is at different stages in their life at different ages.
Not every 25 year old is well-equipped to have kids... Heck, not every 30 year old can handle having kids!

I think it is okay as soon as you are mentally, physically, and financially stable. And of course you have a loving, stable long term relationship.

Our baby was unplanned, and we aren't any of those above things, but we are going to try our hardest.

Definately only when you are able to provide totally for a child is when you should think about trying.

I think these silly old 16 year olds who are still living at home getting £10 a week pocket money doing a childcare course wanting a baby is absurd!

i think it completely depends on the person, BUT i wouldnt recommend it to anyone under about 21 because you are missing out on so many life experiences that you may never have due to having a child.

i was desperate to have a baby when i was 20, luckily the relationship ended before we had a baby, and looking back i am SO glad.
Im now 29, married, settled, and have done things i never would have done if i now had a 9yr old! for example, i've travelled to places i wouldnt have managed financially to if i'd had a child.

i have friends who had children young, and although they wouldnt change them for the world, they really struggled (financially, mentally, socially) and have been known to admit they wished they had waited a few years.

having said that, one of my friends had a baby last year, she is 22, and has coped amazingly well and her son is her absolute life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->