HSG Booked

Ok ladies just back from my HSG this morning. The nursing staff were brilliant- doc not fantastic but I didn't get any results- I have to wait until I see the consultant which is next week so at least that's not too long a wait! The initial bit was fine but once they started inflating the balloon is was incredibly painful. It got to the point where we had to stop as I couldn't take it- officially worst pain in my life! I just sobbed then as I knew I needed it done! They then tried just the dye and no balloon and managed to get some pictures so will have to wait and see. I'm a bit sore now and also feeling very emotional as I feel like I should have been able to cope with the pain. Apparently every woman is different and some people breeze through! Sorry to be such a downer and I hope you girls are the breezers!

thanks for letting us know how it went! I really hope mines isnt too painful! At least we will get the answers we desperately need eh? :hugs:

If possible take some form of painkiller- relaxant before you go- wish I had. I don't think they always use a balloon- so it might be better without it. Also take a sanitary towel as it can be sticky from the dye xx :hugs:

How long did it take?
I am trying not to get nervous, but i am a little lol
Can't beleive they can't give out the results then. I will be worrying till september.

Good luck with your results xx

I arrived at 9am- Got changed into a gown and then went in. I was out by 9:40 but had to wait to get started at Doc hadn't arrived. Plus the doc wasn't the usual one so she was faffing around for a bit. I would say no more than 45 mins in total. I've taken pain killers but feel uncomfortable and keep needing to go for a wee! Rather strangely my hips hurt! Thankfully I only have to wait until Tuesday but have a feeling that there is something wrong on the right side as I heard them mention the right side... The nursing staff were amazing! So kind and caring! My dh couldn;t come in he had to sit in waiting room and wait. Are you taking some one with you?

thanks for that advice Mrs Pitt :haha:
its a hycosy that im getting so they will use the balloon! :shock: not looking forward to it but definately need to get answers. Being in limbo drives you crazy!

with a hycosy you get answers there and then and get to see everything on the screen for yourself, and your partner is also allowed in. Must be cos of the xrays with the hsg that u arent allowed anyone in with you!

How long did it take?
I am trying not to get nervous, but i am a little lol
Can't beleive they can't give out the results then. I will be worrying till september.

Good luck with your results xx

Mine took about 10 minutes, but the cramps only happened when he put the dye in, and it took about 10-15 seconds. I'm not sure if they did the balloon thing...that sounds like it's not fun! If the doc doesn't offer info, ask. They should be able to give you a quick answer. Just take some pain killers and breathe.

Ok ladies just back from my HSG this morning. The nursing staff were brilliant- doc not fantastic but I didn't get any results- I have to wait until I see the consultant which is next week so at least that's not too long a wait! The initial bit was fine but once they started inflating the balloon is was incredibly painful. It got to the point where we had to stop as I couldn't take it- officially worst pain in my life! I just sobbed then as I knew I needed it done! They then tried just the dye and no balloon and managed to get some pictures so will have to wait and see. I'm a bit sore now and also feeling very emotional as I feel like I should have been able to cope with the pain. Apparently every woman is different and some people breeze through! Sorry to be such a downer and I hope you girls are the breezers!

Oh my! I'm so sorry you were in so much pain! :hugs: Truly, everyone reacts differently. This is how I felt with the hysteroscopy and endometrial biopsy. I was crying because of the pain and was traumatized afterwards. I don't think I had a balloon thing for the hsg. Good that the nurses were awesome. They typically are. Hopefully all the results will come back fine. Don't forget...we're doing this for the best reason! When we hold that baby in our arms, we'll forget about all of this crap that we had to go through. :hugs:

I arrived at 9am- Got changed into a gown and then went in. I was out by 9:40 but had to wait to get started at Doc hadn't arrived. Plus the doc wasn't the usual one so she was faffing around for a bit. I would say no more than 45 mins in total. I've taken pain killers but feel uncomfortable and keep needing to go for a wee! Rather strangely my hips hurt! Thankfully I only have to wait until Tuesday but have a feeling that there is something wrong on the right side as I heard them mention the right side... The nursing staff were amazing! So kind and caring! My dh couldn;t come in he had to sit in waiting room and wait. Are you taking some one with you?

My hubby is coming, but my letter says he wont be allowed in the room with me :-(
Im just hoping it will flush out any debris and clear the way for BFP

So is the hycosy more accurate?

Kaye it's good to have someone there to go home with tbh there isn;t that much waiting around. The nurse was brilliant at explaining the whole thing so the hubby would just be in the way! Don't know about hycosy- when I started crying the nurse asked me if I wanted to stop and I said no as I neened to do it! She then said there were other ways of finding out. I tried so hard to continue but I really couldn't. I feel like such a failure and like I'm obviously not that bothered about having a baby if I couldn't manage a few minutes of pain. Honestly though I really did thing I was going to pass out :-(

Kaye it's good to have someone there to go home with tbh there isn;t that much waiting around. The nurse was brilliant at explaining the whole thing so the hubby would just be in the way! Don't know about hycosy- when I started crying the nurse asked me if I wanted to stop and I said no as I neened to do it! She then said there were other ways of finding out. I tried so hard to continue but I really couldn't. I feel like such a failure and like I'm obviously not that bothered about having a baby if I couldn't manage a few minutes of pain. Honestly though I really did thing I was going to pass out :-(

Your not a failure at all, dont think that. At the end of the day, you tried your best and you was willing to carry on and the nurse told you there is other ways of finding out. You must of been visibly in alot of pain for them to want to stop, otherwise they would of carried on. So please don't worry, just listen to the nurse and they can try different things.
It does not make you want a baby less or anything like that!
Hold your head high and keep that chin up :)

aww mrs pitt! :hugs: im sooo sorry you had such a bad experience! You are not a failure sweetie! Im pretty sure its meant to be painful if there is a blockage. Could they tell u anything?
I think the hycosy procedure is very similar with the dye and ballloon but they insert a vaginal ultrasound :shock: and you see the ovaries too which the hsg cant show, all of which u get to see there and then. Its awful to have to wait even longer for answers! I wish everyone here a quick bfp! Its so unfair what we have to endure!

Don't mean to scare you but I too had a very bad experience with HSG. The worst pain I've ever had and I took plenty of ibuprofen. The good thing was that it lasted only maybe 10 seconds. Worst 10 seconds of my life. The left tube looked a little swollen.
A month later at my first RE appointment, the dr said that she would like to repeat the HSG, because sometimes from a spasm it can look swollen. Wasn't happy about it, but wanted to find out if there is something was wrong. Next time I asked someone for a Vicodin, took a very small dose,
My pain level was the same as the first time. The result came back , everything looked great and the first hsg from the month before must have been a spasm.
I don't like to take painkillers, I hardly ever do, It was my first time taking vicodin. I didn't even need meds after laparoscopic surgery. But if i will ever have to have another hsg, i will make sure to load up on drugs.
As i said, don't mean to scare you, just warn you. If it hurts bad, just think about that it only lasts for another few seconds.
After both of my hsg I went back to my office, didn't have any cramping or spotting.
Good luck!

Hi,

I had my HSG this morning, wish I'd found this thread sooner!

It was definitely not pleasant but it wasn't that painful. It was a couple of hours ago now and I still feel a bit shaky and queezy, bit like a bad period.

I'm gutted they wouldn't give me any results so I won't know until end of next month :(

It was over pretty quick though and the ladies were lovely.

Cookie Dough glad that your experience wasn't too bad! It's crazy how long they make people wait for! Hopefully everything will come back fine fingers crossed xx :hugs:

Hi ladies

Im back from my appointment. I was one of the lucky ones, apart from a bit embarrassed and nervous as hell, it went really well. Extremely quick too, i thought as per my info from hospital, that they put dye in, i went outside and waited then came back but no it was all done in one go.

When they were inflating the balloon and injecting the dye, it hurt a little, more like pressure and sting for a few seconds. That was it. I was bleeding afterwards, and a little spotting since and like dull ache but i have had no pain killers and dont feel the need for any. So i was releived that was it and i was a lucky one!

Anyway i asked the lady if i could have the results now, she said no i have to sent it back to the consultant who would advise you, i explained not back till september and she just said she istn allowed to tell me. But at the end she looked at me smiling and said "i have seen all i need to and there is a hint there". So i guess that means all good! What do you think?

Brilliant Kaye! Really pleased that you breezed through! I would take it as a sign that everything is fine, otherwise she wouldn't have said anything! I had an ultrasound a year ago and she couldn't tell me the reults but at the end she asked when i was seeing the doc. I told her nothing was booked and she suggested I gave them a quick ring on the Monday (it was a Fri appt) Turned out I had a cyst!
Breathe a big sigh of relief now! It's over xx

so glad it went well Kaye! And yip, sure sounds like everythings good! :thumbup: you will probably be anouncing your bfp in about 3wks lol! Fxd! Aww am so happy for you! Hope things go as smoothly for me next week! Eeek :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->