HSG Booked

kaye

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

Well start of another month, on cd3 today, feeling better and more positive now i have got over AF showing her ugly face!

I am booked into have my HSG on 13th June which will be cd9, so hopefully i will be ok and be just in time for the fertile window :winkwink:

I am slightly nervous for the HSG, put praying everything clear and it just a case of a waiting game for our BFP!. Hoping it will clear my tubes out of any debris and we might get our BFP this month.

I am making a promise to myself today that i am going to stay motivated, positive and happy and not feel negative about ttc. I am sick of being upset all the time. Time for some smiling :)

good luck ladies x

Well done for being positive and motivated. Sometimes it feels easier to cope with ttc journey when it feels like we are trying sometthing instead of just waiting all the time.

Good luck with the HSG!

I had my hsg yesterday, and was terrified. Turns out, it wasn't as bad as I thought. Take some advil or something before. I took 800 mg. There was some cramping while the doc pushed the dye in, but it only lasted about 10 seconds. It felt like BAD af cramps, but just continue to breathe.

Good luck! I hope your tubes are wide open!

I got my BFP the cycle I had my HSG. Good luck... :thumbup: its not as bad as you think and over quickly. xxx

Hi I've got mine on Thurs- I'll let you know how it goes xx

I had my hsg yesterday, and was terrified. Turns out, it wasn't as bad as I thought. Take some advil or something before. I took 800 mg. There was some cramping while the doc pushed the dye in, but it only lasted about 10 seconds. It felt like BAD af cramps, but just continue to breathe.

Good luck! I hope your tubes are wide open!

Hope you also had good results xx

Don't worry about it ladies. Just take a painkiller beforehand and you will be just fine :hugs:

I have mine June 16th and I am soooo nervous! glad to hear everyone saying it just hurts but not that bad. good luck with yours!

For those who have had it, do you find out the results immediately?

i had one in march. it wasn't too too bad. i cramped BAD for about a minute while he was pushing the dye in. i bled that day then it went away.

couple questions for those who have had it done:

Did you get your results at the time of the HSG appointment or did you have to wait until you saw your actual dr again?

also...

Was your OH allowed in the room during the HSG?

the doc read it right there. i hated that there was a radiology tech, my ob, and a radiologist in the room though. the ob read it and the radiologist just kinda stood there and agreed.

i had my mom with me, but she didn't come in the room. i'm sure they would let someone in with you, though.

My dh had to work, so I don't know if he would have been allowed in the room. The doc read the results right to me, and actually printed out a picture for me to keep. LOL! I'm like what the heck am I supposed to do with this thing?! Put it in a frame?? :rofl: My results, however, were a little strange. Some of the dye went through the tubes, and some of it pooled above my uterus, which it is obviously not supposed to do. The doc wasn't sure why, but we have our consultation today, so hopefully he'll have a game plan for us.

I'm wondering if I'll get any results as don;t think it will be a doc just a radiographer. I had an ultrasound 2 weeks ago and didn't get any results then as it all goes back to the doc.

I'm wondering if I'll get any results as don;t think it will be a doc just a radiographer. I had an ultrasound 2 weeks ago and didn't get any results then as it all goes back to the doc.

Maybe not, then. However this is the only test that I've received immediate feedback. Everything else is "okay see you next time, we'll discuss everything at the consultation." He/she should be able to tell you if they're clear or not, though. I was able to watch the screen. (Not that I knew what I was look at!)

i hope they do tell me there and then because i am not back with consultant till september, that wait will kill me. Should of been august but im away and they could fit me in till a full month later

Good Luck, I got my BFP the same cycle as my HSG even though the results came back clear. Hope it works for you!

Good Luck, I got my BFP the same cycle as my HSG even though the results came back clear. Hope it works for you!

Oh yeah, i hope so too. That would be amazing!
Congratulations on your BFP, hope you are having a good pregnancy :) and hope to join you soon x

Hey all, I've been told today I need to have an hsg too, and am pleased to have found this thread! Fingers crossed we'll all wonder why we were even worried! :thumbup: good luck! We're at least getting a little closer to a bfp by having this done! :dust:

hi ladies! Im on the same cd as you kaye! Im getting hycosy on the 23rd of June, its similar to hsg but no xrays...just ultrasound and i will get to see womb and ovaries and tubes on the screen. Partner can come in too! Hsg doesnt show ovaries so i presume hycosy being better! But same procedure with the dye and a balloon inflated etc. i am so hoping that it clears the way for bfp! For all of you too! My appointment is cd20 for me so wont be ttc until next cycle unless the eggy holds off for me! Fxd. And babydust to u all :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->