HSG:- how many fell pregnant after HSG?

It was uncomfortable for me, but not terribly painful. I do recall gritting my teeth a bit.

As a follow up - my BFP in June ended as a chemical pregnancy. I was then told I had to have the MMR vaccine in July and needed to wait 2 months before TTC, and we would likely be on chlomid.

I'm not very good at taking direction so we only took one month off TTC - and I conceived in August! :happydance: I really believe it was the HSG that did the trick.

Babydust to all of you - just look at the success rates in the poll! It will happen for you!!!

29 TTC for a year after having a cyst removed frm my left ovary, surgery.showed.a lot of scar tissue. ays.I'm a perfect candidate for ivf. Scheduled for my hag test Friday. After reading some of these amazing BFP stories, I'm am excited, but I don't to set my self up for disappointment. Im looking forward to my BFP. Good luck to all TTC.

I had the HSG and surprisingly got a BFP that cycle. The HSG was only slightly uncomfortable (only for the moment they push the dye in). I cramped for maybe 20 minutes after, mildly. I had my HSG 1 1/2 weeks before ovulation, and my ovulation actually came a few days early. GOOD LUCK~!

I had a HSG last week (10/06/13) I didn't have any pain during or after and haven't had any side effects. In my test the tubes are clear and I am feeling more positive about ttc now because I could see for myself that there was no blockages etc. So hopefully if not this cycle maybe the next I'll get my first ever BFP.

I've also got an ultra sound and an internal ultra sound booked for next Friday (21/06/13) and have 21 day blood test. Fx that the ultra sound is clear as well.

Good luck to all.

I'm having my HSG Tuesday (the 18th) but I'm due to ovulate by Thursday or Friday. Will having it so close to O delay ovulation or hurt my chances???

I've already bought an OPK pack and fresh Preseed to hopefully make sure and catch the eggy on this very important cycle.

I guess all contengient upon tubes being clear....

After healing from myomectomy (huge fibroid removed), TTC for 6 months. Charting showed short luteal phases. Went to clinic for help.

CD 7 had HSG
CD 13/14/15 did BD
CD 15 ovulated (BBT went up CD 16)
CD 17 started progesterone suppositories due to short luteal phases
CD 24 crampy
CD 25 spotting, crampy (probably implantation bleeding)
CD 26 barely there positive HPT
CD 27 blood test shows hCG 17 (very early pregnancy)
CD 27/28/29 faint positive HPTs
CD 31 is tomorrow, repeat blood test to see if hCG is increasing properly

Hi all

nice to see this threas

i had my HSG on Wed 31 July .... wish to do Bding as much as possible but DH ....
still hope gpfor the best, for coming Dr appt

Good luck to all

The procedure only lasts a few mins and as the dye is injected in and running through the tubes, it feels like a dull period ache (to me anyway. Maybe others will liken it to something else). The ache will lasts a couple hours but usually painkillers will be given beforehand and some for you to take afterwards if you need it. I have heard though that blocked tubes will feel more pain.
If your tubes are partially blocked I have others say the dye can flush it out.
My tubes weren't blocked and I fell pregnant on my second cycle after trying 3 yrs,

I too was worried beforehand as I have a low pain tolerance. But to be honest it wasn't so bad. Less painful than getting a tooth pulled out. And tubes blocked or not... Your chances of conceiving can be higher. And that is worth any pain. Good luck!!

Yes Kristy, same feeling was mine during test ... just we are fasting so i felt bit uncomfortable yesterday but as celebrated DH birthday, so till evening all was Okkkk

so how long you are on ttc journey?

wooow congrats Kristy ... happy n healthy months

Had hsg april 24th...lmp may 14th....due Feb/18/2014! There is hope ladies! I found the hsg just mildly uncomfortable...for a few days after as well. And I had spotting for at least 4 days or so, then 2 weeks later got a normal period then end of may conceived! Good luck too all!

Getting my scan tomorrow...crossing fingers that it helps me conceive.

With my daughter I Got pregnant the second cycle after my HSG

Getting my scan tomorrow...crossing fingers that it helps me conceive.

good luck dear, my follies are also ready to rapture, tdy morning i go through HCG shot
let see goood luck to us :thumbup:

Hello ladies! I am new to this so please forgive me if my abbreviations are all wrong.
DH and I have been TTC for 2yrs+.
I had HSG on 17th September. Due to ovulate in the next few days, will the hsg have ruined any chances? Will I be wasting my time BD-ing now?

Congratulations to the ladies who fell pregnant after HSG :) how soon after HSG did you BD? And what CD was your hsg done on?
Xx

Hello ladies! I am new to this so please forgive me if my abbreviations are all wrong.
DH and I have been TTC for 2yrs+.
I had HSG on 17th September. Due to ovulate in the next few days, will the hsg have ruined any chances? Will I be wasting my time BD-ing now?

Congratulations to the ladies who fell pregnant after HSG :) how soon after HSG did you BD? And what CD was your hsg done on?
Xx

My scan was on CD7...started trying a few days after. I actually did not have any side effects after my scan. No cramps or anything. I probably could have started having sex the next day with no issues.

Thank you beaglemom for your reply. My HSG was done on CD11
I am thinking I maybe should start BDing the next couple days, for any chance. However I'm slightly scared that it will hurt :-/ purely because of the cramps I had! Think my head is convinced something weird has happened to my body lol!
Think you are lucky not having any pain.....it hurt lol

Thank you beaglemom for your reply. My HSG was done on CD11
I am thinking I maybe should start BDing the next couple days, for any chance. However I'm slightly scared that it will hurt :-/ purely because of the cramps I had! Think my head is convinced something weird has happened to my body lol!
Think you are lucky not having any pain.....it hurt lol

Well I def had pain during. Felt like the first day of my period. But when she was done, the pain pretty much went away.

Thanks for starting this thread.
We too have been ttc for over a year and I had a HSG on Sep 26th. I think it is making me ovulate earlier and I usually get a positive OPK on cd 19 and today is cd 16 and I got a positive. I am also feeling cramps that I usually feel with O. I am so hopeful that this will work for us too! I have had one miscarriage over a year ago and nothing since then. All tests have come back normal.
Btw my dye was also orange in color. I have been trying to find out is this is oil or water based but no luck so far.
Btw I also felt a lot of pain she. The dye was inserted but it only lasted for 5 seconds and there was no more pain after that. The doctor said everything looked normal.
I can't wait to see what happens next!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"