HSG Ladies

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a referral letter for one, which will probably be next month with my next cycle (early September).

I see at the bottom of the letter it says not to tcc following the HSG for that cycle, any reason why? I've heard that it helps many people and they tend to get BFP that same cycle.

The HSG should be done on cycle days 3-10 days to ensure you are not pregnant otherwise the dye can force miscarriage. That's what I was told by one of the best fertility doctors in the world. The earlier the better. I had mine on day 4 and could ttc that cycle. Apparently it can improve your chances for the next three cycles.

I had the similar one where they inject saline through your tubes and view with internal ultrasound so it could be different if you're having the X-ray one but I definitely wasn't told not to ttc - infact I was encouraged to as your chances can go up after.

I would definitely clarify that with them and get a 2nd opinion if they still say no as that doesn't sound right to me and it would be frustrating to miss a perfectly good opportunity if you didn't really have to.

Good luck :)

Just had mine a couple months ago- I was told no BD for 24 hours then to get busy! My doc said the freshly power washed tubes increase your chances that month. Good luck!

Hey, I had one and was not given any instruction not to try at all!

I got pregnant with my DD the same month I had the HSG. Like a PP said, its best to get it done earlier in the cycle. I think AF needs to have stopped but ideally you have it by CD9 or 10 at the latest. The advice I was given was to not BD in any of the days in that cycle before having the HSG then to wait at least 24 hours after.

I just had mine yesterday. My doctor told me not to BD :sex: for 3 days just to lower the infection rate but to totally try this month. He said it increases your chance to conceive for the next 6mths. I hope you get good results! And lots of baby dust to you!:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->