HSG TEST? (Dye Test) Had one today..

babyvaughan

<a href="https://lilypie.c
Reaction score
I just had an HSG test today,

I watched many videos prior and got myself scared, so I figured I could help anyone out who is planning one!

Any questions you have, I will answer the best to my ability! :)

Yes, even I want to know the same. Did it hurt?
I am due for my test next month...unless a miracle happens and I conceive in this cycle only....
Please let us know your experience.
Thanks!!

That was my main worry all the video's scared me for the test!!
It really wasn't bad, (I'm 20 about to be 21) I even have some condition I didn't
know about where my cervix is very tight so it was hard for him to get my really small
catheter in.

First they clean you vagina with this surgical soap, then they open it with the clamps and clean your cervix with a solution for me it was irritating but he said for some it is.

He had to push the cathiter up higher which wasn't painful just a weird uncomfortable feeling like a tube was going to my stomach, it made me a little hot/quezy feeling but that only lasted a few seconds. When the dye went in I had no feeling, and when he took it out I have no feeling.

For the most I was laid flat on my back and then also twice I had to turn to each side.

Right after I was fine, I had the tiny tiny bit of blood come out from it with some discharge which he said would happen. I was fine for the most part just little violated and slight irriated in my vag.

After that I have been totally fine and I am excited to find out what is going on!!
Praying my Tubes are both open, I will let you know what my results are!

I had one in June after ectopic surgery in April, where they managed to save my tube. My experience was also that the Dr struggled to fit the catheter as my cervix was tightly closed. After much forced coughing, and him just about to give up it went in! The feeling of the dye made me feel sick, it was cold and achy for me! (definitely reccommend painkillers an hour before hand) But for anyone considering this it is so worth the 10 minutes of slight uncomfortableness over not knowing. They did the xray there and then and straight away it was up on the monitor, within 30 seconds I knew it was clear. I hope you get brilliant news :) :flower:

Yes, I wondered why babyv. didnt get the results then and there, I thought you saw it on the monitors. Dont they look with US?

I had one almost 5 year ago, and ended up pregnant VERY shortly after. If allowed by your doctor, BD right after:) Worked for me:)

Mine was painful, but I have a very sensitive cervix. I have heard from a lot of people that it was not that bad.

I couldn't see the screen, just part of it! They had to prop me all weird because they were having issues getting into my cervix. I think I saw one tube but I don't think I saw the other but I dont want to be let down so I'm just waiting. I find out my results tomorrow! From the way the doctor was acting and questions really made me think something was wrong but tomorrow will be the tell all!

Update!

My results,
Tubes - CLEAR
:)

Uterus - Lower Cavity polyp blocking the area that connects to my cervix!

Having it removed in approx two weeks!

wow - no wonder you're not pregnant then when it's like a champagne cork blocking the entrance to your uterus - right?

Lucky you for a "easy fix"

GL GL GL :flower:

I know it was the best bad new's I've heard in these past 2.5 years of trying, wish my previous to OB's would have taken me more serious! Thankful for my current OB! (=

I believe I just ovulated yesterday but that will be confirmed by blood in a few days and if that's good doc thinks I have a really good shot after surgery, but there is always the risk of it happening recurring so i'm trying to not get my hopes up to much!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->