hubby has lost faith in me

Lizzybee

Mom to 1, StepMum to 1
Reaction score
Last night we were making a cast of the bump. Halfway through i felt panicky and trapped which made me feel hot and faint. We had to stop the cast which meant it was ruined. He was trying not to show how mad he was but I knew. I kept saying i waa sorry and then he says "are you sure you want to do a home birth?" I said yeh why? " just if you cant do that ....." I said i'd be able to move and wouldnt have the same pressure on my front. He said nothing.
I spent the next 30mins crying as now i feel that I might as well give in cos no-one really thinks i can do it. Am i living in a fantasy world?

Pain from labour is normal...being stuck in a cast is not.... i think you will be fine..you cant compare the two situations...plus you will have the full support of the midwives ...im sure you oh may hav just said that cos he was annoyed about the cast..

Breathe in, breathe out.

Deep breath in, blow that thought away.

You can do it. I know you can, you know you can.

He doesn't understand what panicked you - if he did he would realise that you'd be more likely to have those kind of wobbles in hospital - losing freedom of movement, feeling trapped....

What other support do you have for this birth?

Breathe in, breathe out. :flower:

Thats really nice madasa, thank you. I feel a bit better now. Sept 2010 you are prob right, he has been really nice since then.

I panic in all sorts of situations, I didn't panic once during labour or birth.

We have faith in you xx

Being stuck in a cast would be much more like having a medicalized hospital birth on your back with monitoring and an epidural. If you felt panicky in that situation then IMO it is a big reason to have a natural home birth. The pain did not make me panicky at all as long as I could move about and do what felt right. The moment I felt stuck for some reason I could feel the panic rising. I could have coped with much more pain but would have lost control very quickly if I felt trapped. Being in your own environment and being able to do things your own way can really help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->