hungry baby formula advice

Fabby

mummy to my amazing boy x
Reaction score
It seems the in the night feed and especially the early morning feed Lo is having like half than normal to what he has in the day? Would I he able to give him hungry baby formula for his last feed at night do you think to see him through but keep to his normal formula throughout the day? Seems like these two feeds are just helping him through the night. Must had that sometimes he only has the early morning feed cos he sleeps through the other one x

23 views no advice

Ive given Ollie hungry milk for a few nights and he has slept better but now he has got bad wind, he tends to go 8pm till 3 or 4am then has a normal feed (not hungry) then wakes up at 5.30/6am screaming with wind !!

Going to give hungry a miss tonight and see if it does the trick without the wind. If you think he is genuinally hungry then its your call, personally I do think he a little young for hungry milk but saying that my son (is now 18) was on hungry the same night he was born !

Maybe up the ounces you give him??

Babies take what they need, Max always has a smaller amount first thing for his 7.30am feed than he does for the rest of his feeds. It's the same with us, we have a small breakfast, bigger lunch and then a larger dinner. babies can eat the same way.

I wouldn't offer HB milk TBH, your baby is too young and it can seriously upset their digestive system. It's recommended to be used if your baby is draining 8-9oz every 2 hours or to delay early weaning and from what you have said it doesn't sound like this applies to your baby.

never thought about it like that Jibber with the meal things !!

Im going to try and offer Ollie bigger bottles and maybe miss the 6pm feed out so he has more at 4pm and a larger feed at 8pm on normal formula !

ok, wont be trying hb then. Do you think a dreamfeed could work?

cow and gate hb milk is from birth. i'd have a word with ur health visitor and see what they say.
my ds was a hungry baby and was draining an 8oz bottle at a month n alf and was still after more. asked hv and she said try the hb milk she said that it cud be used from birth but only on advice from hv or docs or midwife x

ok, wont be trying hb then. Do you think a dreamfeed could work?

dream feeding is a god send if done right! (for us anyway). Our LO has a feed at 6 ish then bed at 6.30 then we dream feed him as we go to bed which is usually 10pm. To start with it meant an extra few hours sleep for me at the start of the night. Now it garantees he sleeps til 8am. Ive tried dropping it but he wakes at 4am ish for it. They have to be asleep though so if LO is fully awake they dont always take it all so theres no benefit (this is from experience. My LO woke up the other night at 9pm so I tried to dream feed a bit earlier, he took a couple of oz then woke up at 1am for more food).

It seems the in the night feed and especially the early morning feed Lo is having like half than normal to what he has in the day? Would I he able to give him hungry baby formula for his last feed at night do you think to see him through but keep to his normal formula throughout the day? Seems like these two feeds are just helping him through the night. Must had that sometimes he only has the early morning feed cos he sleeps through the other one x

Hungry baby won't give him the calories he needs, will just make him feel fuller. If he's waking up hungry, feed him!

Thanks for the advice. I think dreamfeeding is the way forward for us. He will go 6-8 hours from when he has his last night feed so say if it is at 6pm he will go 6-8 hours after that (sometimes 5 hours depending on the time of night he has that feed) So i think i dreamfeed before we go to bed will let him do that 6-8 hour stretch that he does. xx

Dont think i will get into a proper routine with the dreamfeed though untill a couple of weeks because i think he is starting his 6 week growth spurt to be honest. x

Dont think i will get into a proper routine with the dreamfeed though untill a couple of weeks because i think he is starting his 6 week growth spurt to be honest. x

Good luck, growth spurts are horrible:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->