Hycosy help

bellaboo

Mummy of two💖💙
Reaction score
With our 1st it took us almost a year to get pregnant. In the cycle before we got pregnant I had a hycosy done. I always jokingly said that it helped us to get pregnant as I liked to think it gave my tubes a clean and flushed them out. We are now in our 4th month of trying, and I'm now worried that I would need that kind of procedure again to help us fall pregnant? The results of it comeback fine so they wouldn't let me have another one I guess.
Basically my question is did anybody have a hycosy and get pregnant but then fell naturally with their 2nd???
Thanks in advance

Hi Bellaboo,

For me, it happened the other way round. Conceived my first within the first month. No problems whatsoever. However, it took about 17 months to conceive my second. I'm now nearly 6 weeks pregnant. Throughout the 17 months I tried everything!! Pre-seed, soft cups, Coq 10, keeping bump on a pillow etc. nothing seemed to work. So I went for some investigations. Amongst, the usual blood tests and ultrasounds I also had the HSG which is very similar to the HycoSy. I had this done end of May! A week or so after that, my period arrived. That was the last time I saw her :flower: I really do believe the HSG cleared me out so I would recommend everyone to get it done!!

Good luck xxxx

Hi ladies.... I've just posted on the trying to concieve board then looked here.
Is a hycosy the same as a Hysterosalpingogram??? Where dye is injected into the Fallopian tubes to check for blockages? I'm trying for baby no. 2 and its been 16 months and nothing! I will be going for this examination once I have had my next period and just wanted to hear any stories from people having this procedure....

Hi Betty,

Yes they are very similar. A HSG uses a special kind of dye and is X-rayed. A HyCosy uses a kind of saline solution and an ultrasound is used instead.
I had the HSG after trying for 17 months. The test itself was a little uncomfortable but definitely not painful. It took about 5 minutes and it was all over! It worked because now im nearly 7 weeks pregnant with my 2nd.

Good luck! You'll be fine xxxxx

Oh that's so good to hear! I'm hoping I just have a little blockage that will be magically flushed away so I can get my BFP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->