Hypnobirthing vs Natal Hypnotherapy vs Hypnobabies

This thread is very helpful. I had a horrid first birth (most of it out of my control due to baby positioning) but I am feeling more positive about my labour and birth this time round. I recently purchased a Natal Hypnotherapy CD and I listened to it for the first time last night. Was so soothing and quite empowering. I will listen to it more often once I reach 30 weeks but from just last nights session I feel more in control and eagerly await my labour!

*snip* ...there were some concepts that I couldn't get my head round just hearing about them on the CD - for example "breathing the baby down the birth canal" *snip*

So that's what the cd said! I just seemed to sleep through it every time I listened to it!! :blush:

This is me also lol I'm not sure if I fall asleep during the CD or if I am just in a very relaxed state. I wake up on the 5,4,3,2,1 but haven't a clue what the lady has been saying all the way through. Very strange but I hope this means t is working x

For those who did natal hypnotherapy, did you buy the 4 CD set? Did you actually use them all? I don't feel I really need the pregnancy one and I know I won't use the post-natal recovery one (hoping lots of cuddles and placenta smoothies/capsules will be enough). I'd kinda rather just get the two CDs I need and pay to take class. What did you do?

For those who did natal hypnotherapy, did you buy the 4 CD set? Did you actually use them all? I don't feel I really need the pregnancy one and I know I won't use the post-natal recovery one (hoping lots of cuddles and placenta smoothies/capsules will be enough). I'd kinda rather just get the two CDs I need and pay to take class. What did you do?

I just got the preparation for birth one and the relaxing birth music. I started mine at 30 weeks so didn't feel the need for the first CD and i don't plan to use the postnatal one. I got them together from ebay for £14 so a bargain :)

I used the natal hypnotherapy cds.

With Toby i started listening to the "birth preparation for hospital/birth centre" cd at around 32 weeks and built up over the weeks, he was born at 38+1 by which point i was listening to it at once every other day. I didn't listen to the cd during labour though OR the relaxing birth music cd which i'd bought and put on my ipod :dohh:

Labour didn't go to plan anyway though so not sure if they'd have made much difference if i had listened to them by that point? (If that makes sense at all?!) I still have a very positive birth experience- just not what i'd had in mind, AND, most importantly for me i think, i was never afraid in the run up to giving birth, no matter how much people told me it would hurt or how many horror stories i was told, i was so looking forward to the experience and finally meeting my baby, so for me, first time round, even though it didn't impact the birth, i still felt it was worthwhile as it helped me relax and stay positive in the final weeks of pregnancy.

Second time round, with Rudy, i started listening to the "home birth preparation" cd earlier in my pregnancy and built up quicker. By the time he was born at 38+4 i was listening to it every single evening without fail.
I also bought the labour companion cd this time and i still had the relaxing birth music cd. I listened to the birth prep cd in very early labour, then when my contractions were strong and regular i tried listening to the labour companion cd on my ipod but couldn't get into the rhythm of it at all. I was soon to discover that was because i was listening to entirely the wrong track as i was much further along in my labour than i'd thought but i didn't know that at the time, so i just ripped the headphones out and told OH it was bugging me! He suggested switching to the relaxing birth music instead though and i agreed and found that immensely relaxing :thumbup: A short time after i switched to listening to it on the cd player instead of headphones so that the whole room had a really calm feeling and also so that the headphones wouldn't keep falling out of my ears and bugging the crap outta me! :haha:)

I had a fantastic labour and birth, going from 2cms to baby born within a couple of hours. I also managed with just a tens machine and 2 paracetamol taken about an hour before i gave birth. It's an experience i'd happily repeat tomorrow. I think a large part of how brilliant it was can probably be accounted for by the fact it was my second baby and that i was at home etc BUT i do think that natal hypnotherapy helped me get in the right mind frame during pregnancy and in very early labour :thumbup:

HTH :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->