Hypothetical question...

DueMarch2nd

mummy to a little lamb
Reaction score
If you were quite well off. Like say your husband earned 75k+ a year and you never had to want for anything, would you apply for the HIP grant?

Is that the £190 that every pregnant woman gets? If so, yes ......

Yes but I'd donate it. I know some ladies disagree and there has been a lot of contention over this issue but I'm personally of the standpoint that you are entitled to it and it's UP TO YOU what you do with it. I'm very grateful to receive it of course but I don't think you should miss out. My parents were high earners when I was growing up and all the child allowance they received for us what put into a savings account for us. I got mine on my 18th birthday and my brother is due his next year on his. xx

Yes hun, if your OH earns that much then he will be paying a LOT of tax, so it would be nice to get a little of that back, even if just to put it in a savings account for LO.

Yea but if i didn't need it then i'd give it to charity or the maternity ward i was giving birth in! No point it staying with the government as no one else can benefit from it but if you don't need it, it could go to a good cause! x

yes we are but were buying midwife eqipment and bikes for villages in pakistain and africa when our babys born and also donating baby bundles to womans refuges! weve also asked people to do this when they have asked us whatwe wanted for the baby! x

yes we are but were buying midwife eqipment and bikes for villages in pakistain and africa when our babys born and also donating baby bundles to womans refuges! weve also asked people to do this when they have asked us whatwe wanted for the baby! x

Aww what a lovely idea x

:hugs::hugs::flower:

yep i would!!!! id feel the tax man owes it to my husband! i may donate it to nspcc though or get my two fave yummy mummmy changing bags hehe :D

yeah id apply for it and probably put it into a trust fund for baby

Yup, My OH earns over that and we got ours. We're putting it into a saving acount for the LO. x

i would too. if i didnt need it to buy baby things i would put it in his savings account xx

must agree,
I would, but then either put it in a trust for the baby or donate it to a charity/the hospital etc.

Yes - having a baby is expensive and, as others have said, we pay more than enough in tax....

QT

yes, but I why can't I be the one earning the 75K a year rather than OH?

yes because we would have paid loads of tax so why not get some of it back?

Yes! I get angry that there are conditions to things such as sure start- I've worked since I was 16 never been unemployed- even whilst getting my degree I worked and paid tax thus why shouldn't I be entitled to the same as those who don't work.

Not wanting to cause offence but I've went from a good wage to £123.06 a week- big difference and have had to save to be able to afford mat leave but I'm not entitled to any extras because I worked :( xx

yeah i would to be honest.
if i didnt use it at the time i'll put it in the trust fund.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->