I am due in November with baby #4, anyone else expecting #4 or more?

alybel

Reaction score
After going through IVF to have my first two children and then trying for a long time to have baby #3 without using IVF, it seems that we have been blessed again with another pregnancy :) We have two boys and a girl and this baby is another girl, so perfect numbers of each :)

Anyone else going to have a large family, would love to hear how you are going.

Hi

I am on number 4 as well. My first two are both in college now (boy & girl - previous marriage). Our youngest is 7 and we just found out I am due March (Only going on 6 weeks). We wanted our 4 closer to our 3rd, but that didn't happen.

We are so excited but waiting to tell our families until I am past 3 months.

This will be our last.

Your children are beautiful. I am sure that it is hectic at home but they are worth every moment.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!! I know how you feel about wanting them closer together but didn't happen. With baby #3 we actually went back to IVF and used all our remaining embryos from my one IVF retrieval (had 20 embryos initially) but unfortunately it did not work and was told it wouldn't happen. I joined the gym, and miraculously started cycling normally again.

The first 3 months go so slow so I hope you don't go too crazy not telling people until then. This will also be our last as DH had the snip when I was about 4 weeks pregnant :)

Hi

How are you enjoying the pregnancy with little ones around? Are they excited?

When did you tell the children? We are trying to decide when to tell our youngest and the best approach. She has been waiting a baby brother or sister for a few years, but not sure how to best prepare her for the changes.

With the older children, they were so close it wasn't difficult. Then when Sarah (dauhter's nickname) came along they were older, so it wasn't bad.

I would appreciate any advice or coaching.

We want to tell her now, but we are also having to relocate because of work. Wondering how long we should wait with all changes. Thinking after we arrive at our new location and things settle a little for her, we should tell her.

What do you think?

We didn't officially tell the children for a while but I think they overheard me talking to my mum or to DH or someone and worked it out for themselves... bit hard to hide my stomach as well as I get pretty big soon in the pregnancy. They can't wait to meet their little sister but maybe I would have waited longer to tell them as they don't have any concept of time and keep thinking the baby will be here now.

scarlet - congratulations on baby number 5 :)

Hi

How are you enjoying the pregnancy with little ones around? Are they excited?

When did you tell the children? We are trying to decide when to tell our youngest and the best approach. She has been waiting a baby brother or sister for a few years, but not sure how to best prepare her for the changes.

With the older children, they were so close it wasn't difficult. Then when Sarah (dauhter's nickname) came along they were older, so it wasn't bad.

I would appreciate any advice or coaching.

We want to tell her now, but we are also having to relocate because of work. Wondering how long we should wait with all changes. Thinking after we arrive at our new location and things settle a little for her, we should tell her.

What do you think?

Hi
We told our older children Aged 5years to 13years) before i got pregnant that they were going to have another brother or sister, we have kept them involoved all the way and they keep on suggesting names and what to buy for her lol xx

We have started telling her that she will have a baby brother or sister next year, just haven't told her I am pregnant. She gets antsy just waiting a week.

I appreciate the advice from both of you. Hope to continue to hear how things are going.

Hi Alybel

I can't figure out how to start a thread. Can you tell me know?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"