I am high risk for pregnancy now

T

turbo_mom

Well since I had preterm labour and because of the c section I had I am now at a high risk for future pregnancies.

I had a classical C-section. Instead of the normal horizontal incision I had to have a vertical incision.. THey had to cut my uterus up and down in order to get my tiny baby out safely. Because of this I will never have a natural vaginal child birth. I will also never carry to full term. They will deliver by another c-section no later than 37 weeks.

Anyone else here have this too? It concerns me and scares me because I do want to have another child. Maybe more. So I cannot have anymore suprise pregnancies. I have no idea what to expect though since my baby came so early. I was quite sad when I heard this because I really wanted to experience a normal birth at some point in my life but it will never happen. I'm even scared at the thought of being pregnant again.

Im also still really missing being pregnant. I miss feeling little angel moving around in my belly and seeing it grow. I was just starting to feel pregnant and people were actually noticing. I feel so empty and especially because I don't have my baby next to me. She's accross the city :cry: I'm sure It will get better when i'm healed more and feeling better. Then I will be able to see Angelynn more but right now my life is just in shambles.

Anyways just venting. I have to fill out some hospital paperwork now bleh!!

Aww Hun, I can totally understand where your coming from with not having baby inside you watching her grow, Im about the same stage as you were. Id feel just the same if my boy was to arrive now.
You have been through so much, and thankfully your little precious girl is here all safe. Big hugs, your bound to feel empty with out her so close to you.

Big Big Hugs x

Ive never been through what you have but I can understand to a point where you're coming from.

Your OH sounds so fantastic though. Hes such a great guy and you're very lucky to have him and your beautiful little girl.

I really hope you feel better soon honey, you deserve it :)

Im not really sure what else to say. I keep all three of you in my thoughts though!

xxx

:hugs: Sorry to hear this TurboMom. I have heard of this before with another lady. She did go on to have a second child without any complications. I know what you mean about missing your bump because you were just getting use to it and I guess all of the "what-ifs" make it very difficult.

I know it's so much easier said than done, but try to think about the positives, like your healthy pumpkin and the smiles she brings! I hope you're able to bring her home soon because that may make a big difference in how you feel. :hugs:

We're glad to hear you are doing better now!

Do they know what caused the pre-term labor? I can't remember reading about it, if you already explained. My SIL that had her baby at 25 had him because of an incompetent cervix and the next time she got pregnant they stitched her cervix shut at 11 weeks and she was on bed rest. She said her whole pregnancy went fine and she now has a VERY healthy 14 year old son.

They started her at 38 weeks because they did the c-section the other direction.

Good luck to you! I think about you and Angel a lot!

I just want to give you a BIG :hugs: hun

I have never been in your shoes I can only imagine how you are feeling & my heart goes out to you so much.

You'll stay strong for Angelynn but try to stay strong for yourself too.

x x

Awww darling just read this and didnt want to read and run. I just looked at the thread of your darlings birth what a sweetie.

What you are feeling is normal and completely understandable as well as dealing with a pre-term babe and c-section with consqences you were unprepared for and doubled with hormones coming early (post-natel) it is no suprise you feel out of sorts. You have been through a LOT the past week or so. Please be easy on yourself,things will pick up soon enough. Important thing is your angel is here and doing well bless her. And your guy wow! What a guy! So sweet all he wrote,he loves you both so very,very much.

Coming on here to vent will do you good.

Thinking of you all.
Bex.x

Thanks so much ladies. So much has gone on the last couple weeks I just didn't know where else to write this. You guys have given us so much support I appreciate it so much:hugs: It really does help alot. I've also had so much support from my mom she's been stuck by my side. She even slept over last night and cooked dinner and tidied up. It's definetely helped. I wish she could stay here every day lol.
Things are slowly getting better emotionally. Now that I know why I had preterm labour im actually thankful that she came out. She could have gotten really sick or worse... So knowing why definetely helps me come to grip with things.
But it still doesn't help the feeling of emptyness and they way some things change. But it's been almost 2 weeks now and i'm feeling better.
Im concentrating more now on getting better and trying to establish my milk supply. I have to go on some meds to help kickstart it because im not geting as much as I should be. Probably due to the friken infection and having to go back to the hospital.
So hopefully it will help and take some of that stress off!!!
But now I have kangaroo care to look forward to which makes me feel pretty good and so happy. Things are going extremely well.
THanks again for your support through all of this. I wish I could give you all big hugs!!!:hugs:

:hugs: Awe..I cant even begin to imagine what you have and are going through. Just wanted to give you a hug...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->